Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

scores?

Just did a major credit repair. Current scores are 611/635/637. This was before my bank revolving credit was paid 909.00 to 74.00 on a 1000.00 limit. I seem to have a thin file and found out the bank I have the 1000.00 account with only reports to one agency. So I got froggy last week and applied for a secured wells Fargo 500.00 account, got approved. Then went a tad wild. I applied for several unsecured accounts, got a cap1 at 300.00, a Exxon/mobile at 800.00, a Kay jeweler at 4000.00 (that stunned me) and just found out I got approved for a shell gas card at 500.00. Im going to obviously stop applying as the hard inquiry will eat me. I have used the cap1 to no more than 10% and paid it off, I am not going to open any one card more than 10% and will pay off in full every month. ALSO, I had a collection on my account, settled it and then called them, requested a hardship removal, they removed it and sent me a letter of doing so. But... here is my question. I know the inquirys will hurt me.. I literally expanded my credit pool by 7 times. My average credit is 5.6 years old and the new cards will lower that? What should I see in scores when this all reports next?? Am I fixing to see scores go down then up? Or is there no real way to tell? I played with simulators and they say 700 to 715 tops. Wishful thinking?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: scores?

@Anonymous wrote:
Im going to obviously stop applying as the hard inquiry will eat me.

Keep in mind that it's not just the HP's but other factors such as AAoA as well.

@Anonymous wrote:
I have used the cap1 to no more than 10% and paid it off, I am not going to open any one card more than 10% and will pay off in full every month.

While you can limit spend to manage revolving utilization you don't need to do so.  You can use whatever you need/want and then reduce the balance prior to report date.  10% of such small limits can be difficult using the spend restriction approach.

@Anonymous wrote:
But... here is my question. I know the inquirys will hurt me.. I literally expanded my credit pool by 7 times. My average credit is 5.6 years old and the new cards will lower that? What should I see in scores when this all reports next??

We can't tell you that but you can calculate the change to your AAoA. If you don't want to do it manually you can use Excel or any of a number of online AAoA calculators.

@Anonymous wrote:
I played with simulators and they say 700 to 715 tops. Wishful thinking?

They're not reliable.  You also have to consider that there isn't just one scoring model used by creditors so even if one simulator was accurate it could not be accurate for all scoring models.

My guess is that you might see a bit of a hit in the relatively short timeframe since you had a thinner file.  All the recent changes will look riskier with a thin file as well.  I always suggest focusing on the data in your reports versus the numbers.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.