scorewatch

tag
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: scorewatch

@Anonymous wrote:

@MidnightVoice wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
can I expect my true fico's from TU & EX to be higher or lower generally?

Yes. Smiley Very Happy
In theory they should be similar, but the FICO from eash CRA uses a slightly different formula, some companies report to one and not the other, some of them update faster than others etc, etc.
For example, on a day last week, my EX was 61 points lower than my EQ which was 42 points lower than my TU. That is a 102 point range

Oh wow!! I learn something new ever day. The FICO is slightly different for each CRA? Or each CRA reports the data different to the FICO scoreing system. Either way, I had no idea. I thought FICO was calculated the same way for each model. Now I am confused. Please confirm I understand this correctly. I don't believe I have any room to take advantage of the differences in relation to score do I? I just only figured out EQ.

Yep. There is a different formula for each CRA. Another reason why scores differ.
Message 31 of 45
smallfry
Senior Contributor

EQ is faster to update. Cheaper. FICO is nicer to look at. Tell you the truth if you don't have a lot of new stuff posting and don't need to follow along every day it would be best just to get your EQ report from FICO every two months. I pay $6.15 monthly for the EQ SW. I plan on doing that as soon as both FICO and EQ run out. TC does a good enough job of monitoring daily updates to the TL's for me.
Message 32 of 45
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Sorry the previous answer was to pizza re: EQ or FICO SW.
Message 33 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know how often scorewatch fico is updated?
Message 34 of 45
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Whenever something changes on your CR.  For me, not much usually changes in a month now I have cleaned up as much as I can - I have a small number of cards, not used a great deal.  So in many months, it will be just everything is a month older
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 35 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Does anyone know how often scorewatch fico is updated?

Weekly for Equifax's version of Score Watch, so they told me.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 06-24-2007 11:50 AM
Message 36 of 45
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I got four alerts on EQ SW this week.
Message 37 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 for me this week after a 1 month drought.

smallfry wrote:
I got four alerts on EQ SW this week.

Message 38 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you get 3 and 4 alerts on separate days? Or all 3-4 on 1 day?
Message 39 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 separate days. 20th 21st and 22nd.
Up, up down receptively,
Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.