Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scorewatch

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: scorewatch

Are the scores from scorewatch usually higher or lower then TU and EX? ...anyone have an idea?
Message 21 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Are the scores from scorewatch usually higher or lower then TU and EX? ...anyone have an idea?

TU and EX are FAKOS. I don't even look. They can be higher or lower. Either way they are Retail scores. They aren't the ones mostly used by lenders.
Message 22 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

smallfry wrote:Got it. I have both for a few more days and I see the setting is indeed 1 month on the EQ SW.

What do you like about each, which one works better for you? Thanks. Smiley Happy
Message 23 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

let me ask it this way....if I have a true EQ fico @691....can I expect my true fico's from TU & EX to be higher or lower generally?
Message 24 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

If all the information on EX and TU were the same then yes your FICO score would be the same on all 3. They differ some usually. Sometimes you don't have all the account on each. Sometimes you have a late on one but not the other. Mine are all the same with the exception of inquiries and some reported dates. My 3 scores are all about the same. That really depends on each person too. Other wise I get score changes on EX first because they update faster than EQ and TU. Then the other 2 catch up. They can also be 200 points different if information is different. But TU Vantage and EX Plus is not FICO. You can buy all 3 from this site.
Message 25 of 45
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

so_confused wrote:

can I expect my true fico's from TU & EX to be higher or lower generally?

Yes.   Smiley Very Happy

In theory they should be similar, but the FICO from eash CRA uses a slightly different formula, some companies report to one and not the other, some of them update faster than others etc, etc.

For example, on a day last week, my EX was 61 points lower than my EQ which was 42 points lower than my TU.  That is a 102 point range
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 26 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@let me ask it this way....if I have a true EQ fico @Anonymous....can I expect my true fico's from TU & EX to be higher or lower generally?

The FICO is scored the same way on all 3. What makes them different is lets say you have a bank that reports your credit card to Ex but not Eq and you max out your card. Ex will be much lower because it shows a large debt where Eq doesn't show large debt. Other wise you can expect them to be close to the same if all the information is the same.
Message 27 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

the reason I asked...is my TU and EX reports are not as dirty as my EQ report ....so.....could they be higher or am I just dreaming?Smiley Surprised
Message 28 of 45
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

so_confused wrote:
the reason I asked...is my TU and EX reports are not as dirty as my EQ report ....so.....could they be higher or am I just dreaming?Smiley Surprised

They could be higher.  But try cleaning up EQ as well  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 29 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MidnightVoice wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
can I expect my true fico's from TU & EX to be higher or lower generally?

Yes. Smiley Very Happy
In theory they should be similar, but the FICO from eash CRA uses a slightly different formula, some companies report to one and not the other, some of them update faster than others etc, etc.
For example, on a day last week, my EX was 61 points lower than my EQ which was 42 points lower than my TU. That is a 102 point range

Oh wow!! I learn something new ever day. The FICO is slightly different for each CRA? Or each CRA reports the data different to the FICO scoreing system. Either way, I had no idea. I thought FICO was calculated the same way for each model. Now I am confused. Please confirm I understand this correctly. I don't believe I have any room to take advantage of the differences in relation to score do I? I just only figured out EQ.
Message 30 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.