Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should I dispute this with Experian ?!

tag
galaxy
Established Member

should I dispute this with Experian ?!

ok, here are two screen shots from  two reports 2 months a part of a bad debt that was dropped from EQ  maybe 2 months ago, but did not drop from EX !!

do you think I should dispute this or wait ?

Thank you

report1

report2

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: should I dispute this with Experian ?!

Dispute?  On what grounds?   What is your reason for disputing this?  Is it yours?

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 9
galaxy
Established Member

Yes, the appove screens are from my report,

the record is more than 7 years old and was deleted frm EQ but no EX

regards

Message 3 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

There's not enough info in those reports to tell if it's beyond the 7-7.5 yr CRTP. But if you can dispute with the CRA with proof that it's older, then definitely do so.

Message 4 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You need to know the DOFD on the OC account.

CR exclusion date for a collection is 7 yrs + 180 days from that DOFD.

If the date opened of 8/2006 is the date opened of  the OC account as opposed to the reported collection, then the DOFD would necessarily be after that date, so it would still be included until at least early 2014.

However, if that date opened is the date of reporting of collection, the DOFD that occured on the OC account would have preceded it.

From what has been provided, there is no indication that its exclusion is now required.

Message 5 of 9
HiLine
Blogger

Message 6 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

In my opinion, I would not dispute at this time.  I see no documentation of inaccuracy.

Inclusion of an item in your CR beyond its statutory exclusion date, if disputed, requires clear evidence of the date from which that exclusion period runs.

I dont see any such evidence from what has been posted.

Additionally, CR exclusion, unless you have evidence of inaccurate reporting of the commencement date, in this case the DOFD, is not an issue of inaccuracy in reported information, and thus is not properly the basis for a dispute of accuracy of reporting.  If the reported dates are correct, and the item has past its CR exclusion date, the issue is failure of the CRA to have complied with section 605(a), not the accuracy of what has been reported.  The proper course would be to file a complaint with the CRA for their non-compliance with the section 605(a) and (c) requirement to have exclusded the reporting from any CRs they issue.

Message 7 of 9
galaxy
Established Member

is there any easy way to get the DOFD ?, I am sure was on 2005, in fact EQ already deleted that record last month, so I assume the date reported to EQ was right,

I have last month report from Credit Secu*e  but not showing DOFD from EQ, only opening date same as EX

Thank you

Message 8 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, pull your report directly from Experian.com or annualcreditreport.com. This will show an est. drop off date. Subtract 7 yrs and you'll get a rough DOFD. If an account drops on one or two of the others, it could still mean you are inside the 7-7.5 yr DOFD. It's not uncommon for baddies to delete early. You can also get the DOFD from your own records.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.