Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should I pay off a charged off BofA checking account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

should I pay off a charged off BofA checking account

I recently had a bank account that was charged off $700.00(not entirely my fault) and has since then been sent over to a collection agency (NCO).  The collection agency has stated that they have already reported me to the credit bureaus and that paying it off will only show a paid collection.   They recently sent me a settlement offer as well.  I was wondering if I should pay it off or simply let it stay on until it drops off.  I have contacted BofA and they stated that they would send a request to have the charge off removed from the CB once paid.  However, they refuse to put anything in writing.  Thanks for your help
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: should I pay off a charged off BofA checking account

Is it even on your reports yet? If you settle now it might not even report. Do not give a dime unless you get the agreement to delete or keep off reports in writing!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

As of march 28 it was not on my report.  What do you think about BofA's offer of sending in a request to have the charge off removed once paid.  Even if they don't want put it in writing.
Message 3 of 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

loloswims wrote:
As of march 28 it was not on my report.  What do you think about BofA's offer of sending in a request to have the charge off removed once paid.  Even if they don't want put it in writing.

Well, I suppose you could trust them. Just get the all of the agents info that agreed to delete. Just remeber, if they do not honor it is your word against theirs. Meaning you are probably screwed.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.