Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sleepys mattress - hard inquiry

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

sleepys mattress - hard inquiry

my friend went on a job interview with sleepys mattress. They pulled her TU Credit report PP= employment, she was not told they were going to pull her report. Can she dispute this with CRAs, or should she just call sleepys and ask them to delete. Also, is this hurting her score. thanks
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Re: sleepys mattress - hard inquiry

You can go ahead to dispute the inquiry. One inquiry by itself will not hurt the score. However the fico score looks at different factors such as how many accounts you have applied for, account history, account age, balances, public records, etc. There are different situations. If you would like please feel free to tell us more. But for now this is the best I can do for you based on what information top which you have provided.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

will she waste her time? Have you ever heard of someone disputing for an inquiry due to employment and getting it deleted?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very few people have had any luck disputing inquiries with the CRA, as they normally won't let you dispute them.

Did she sign for them to check her credit? If so, not much she can do.

Does it show as a hard or soft inquiry?

Inquiries and "new credit" are in one category that affects 10% of your score.

How much this one inquiry is hurting her score is unknown. How many other inquiries is there? How old are they?

Inquiry 1 affects score the most
Inquiry 2 affects a little less
Inquiry 3 a little less than inquiry 2
and so forth until they really don't have no effect.

My spouse has quite a few, as I do as well on EQ. Haven't noticed any changes with recent EQ inquiries.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 06-29-2008 03:55 PM
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

she went for employment but and filled out an application but never gave any permission to pull a report. On her report it states PP= Employment, she wants to dispute it
Message 5 of 9
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

Maybe it was in fine prints on the bottom or the back of the application
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

PP=Employment is a Soft Pull.......It says so on the bottom of all the reports you buy off of MyFico.

It will show up on her report, but if you look closely it is under a separate category for inquiries not affecting your score.
Message 7 of 9
Takunda1
Established Contributor

When I applied with Cap One Auto, I also got a hard pull thru TU, however it did not affect my score. I think employement inquiries are coded differently so they don't affect your score. I can also guarantee that she did sign authorizing for a credit check , but just didn'e realize it. Most of the time its in a bunch of forms that you have to sign.  Tell your friend to be careful too, becuase if she disputes the inq and the CR actually investigates it sending a letter to the company that pulled saying this person is disputing this inquiry, they may be viewed as being dishones if they actually signed the consent form.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks everyone, i will let her know that is does not affect her score.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.