Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sol for illinois ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

sol for illinois ?

I have looked and looked but cant find the sol date for illinois. I had a collection account with collect america which I sent a PIF letter to, instead of an answer it was sold to PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASSOC. LLC.  they are from VA.  The debt was from 2003,  this new ca has added interest and says that they will continue to add the interest until its paid.  I am getting ready to send them the PIF letter but was trying to find the SOL for Illinois........anyone know of it or point me in the right direction ? Thanks
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: sol for illinois ?

You can find it here:

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/cc/20040116b2.asp?caret=8 

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

hey thanks !
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

you need to send a DV letter  CMRRR  before PIF.....All open accounts ( CC etc.) is 5 years in Il.

SOL can go by DOFD or DOLA.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 01-13-2008 11:06 AM
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy Days, thank you for your info and for posting your letters. I surprisingly received a phone call this evening from Portfolio Recovery regarding a credit card debt they indicated they purchased (from 1988 - 1989). They stated they had been writing to me since 2004. Never got their letters. Also, this is the first phone call I had gotten from them and I have had the same telephone number since 1991 - published too. I asked for the info in writing. With your help and this forum I know what my next steps will be.

Chigurl in Illinois

Message 5 of 7
labeledjl
New Contributor

credit card SOL is 5 years for illinois?  Is that for DOFD or DOLA

Message 6 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@labeledjl wrote:

credit card SOL is 5 years for illinois?  Is that for DOFD or DOLA

It starts with the DoFD but if you made any payments later it will go by the last payment you made.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.