Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

started fixing my credit report...updates so far

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: started fixing my credit report...updates so far

Wow, I'm impressed! I would love to know how you dealt with Target? I have had my card since 2005 limit remains at 200 and 1 late payment for the history of the account, So I called to request a goodwill adjustment and CLI, He said "We can't do that" end of story..Hmm? I really have the worst luck! Love to know how you may have worded it..
Thanks!

Message 11 of 15
drvbasic
Established Member

What I did with target was that I owed them about $170...I told them that I was a student and that I am having trouble getting my student loans for my last year of school and that I had moved and hadnt gotten  statement, so i told the lady I would be willing to pay whatever amount that I owed and if she could help me out with the late fees I would really appreciate it. So she removed the late fess and i only had to pay $88 and then I kept on going on about how I need my students loans etc etc and then she did it. And I told them how my school financial aid officer told me that the company could do it and that it is called a goodwill. Remember to use the financial aid thing b/c I think that is what makes them feel bad. Well I guess now I am onto fighting the other 70 odd negative things on my credit report.

Message Edited by drvbasic on 12-02-2007 06:40 AM
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMPRESSIVE!

You are very lucky!  Can you send some my way?
Message 13 of 15
drvbasic
Established Member

I have to figure out how to get rid of a bunch of these baddies...have you guys ever heard of prosper.com

I checked it out, it looks pretty interesting...so I decided to submit a loan application. This might be a good site for those who have high interest rate credit card debt and they can then consolidate it. I am going to put up a post about it and maybe people who are interested can join.

drvbasic
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, that is great about the lates being removed...I have a ton of past lates as well, have written GW letters and only had ONE 30 day late removed! 

Maybe I should go the route of the phone call, you have done amazingly well with it!!!
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.