Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

starting an online dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

starting an online dispute

Can you tell me how to dispute incorrect credit items on my credit report. Since I bought my credit reports from the myFico site, will I also have to buy a report from say, Experian also since they want the "confirmation" number in order to dispute online? Or is there something I'm missing? I have several items that are incorrect or outside of the SOL. Thank You
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: starting an online dispute

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the address for Experian, they didn't even have my address correct so I couldn't dispute them online, for now. Do you happen to have the online addresses to dispute Trans Union and Equifax. Thanks for your help
Message 3 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

snowdad wrote:
Thanks for the address for Experian, they didn't even have my address correct so I couldn't dispute them online, for now. Do you happen to have the online addresses to dispute Trans Union and Equifax. Thanks for your help

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot for the addresses for Equifax and Transunion, I have already disputed several questionable items on  those 2 reports. However, I can't seem to get anywhere with Experian. Although I had the FICO report in front of me when I tried to dispute it and answered the prelim questions with the info they wanted FROM THEIR REPORT (although even with a previous address they had listed where I have never lived, but one of my married sons does) the message I got back was that they did not recognize that I had one of their credit reports and to either try again later (which I already have with the same response) or to call Experian. What is the best thing to do in this case? Dispute by snail mail? I don't understand why I was successful with Equifax and Transunion but not Experian. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Message 6 of 8
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

snowdad wrote:
 However, I can't seem to get anywhere with Experian. 

Join the Club.  EX hates me.  Smiley Sad

snowdad wrote:

I don't understand why I was successful with Equifax and Transunion but not Experian. Any suggestions?
Thanks

None whatsoever.

What I also didn't like was  "This item cannot be disputed as you messed up the last time and used the wrong reson, so even if you give us the right reason we will totally ignore it, and you, for the rest of your life"

Smiley Sad

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

snowdad wrote:
Thanks a lot for the addresses for Equifax and Transunion, I have already disputed several questionable items on  those 2 reports. However, I can't seem to get anywhere with Experian. Although I had the FICO report in front of me when I tried to dispute it and answered the prelim questions with the info they wanted FROM THEIR REPORT (although even with a previous address they had listed where I have never lived, but one of my married sons does) the message I got back was that they did not recognize that I had one of their credit reports and to either try again later (which I already have with the same response) or to call Experian. What is the best thing to do in this case? Dispute by snail mail? I don't understand why I was successful with Equifax and Transunion but not Experian. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Use the link I provided for EX above. Enter your info, bring up your report, and it will have their number on it. All free of charge.

If that don't work, request your EX report thru http://www.annualcreditreport.com

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.