Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

starting credit(sort of) I need help

tag
jskates420
New Visitor

starting credit(sort of) I need help

well I'm starting to build my credit (sort of)
I currently have under my name
(Sprint)
(Discover it)
I made the mistake of applying for many cards the past month I got rejected by literally everyone yes you'll say I'm dumb,but I would like to apply for another credit card which is something i will i mean i will need soon, with the discover it they gave me a CL 750$ i am fully employed so paying the bills is nothing but being me i maxed out my it card to the full 750$(being with them for 2 months,december being the 3rd) so im wondering with my credit score(i dont know it) credit karma says i dknt have enough credit under my name to have a score,im in need of another CC so any help would be greatly appreciated and im 18 so yeah haha
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
godwit

Re: starting credit(sort of) I need help

sprint doesn't report to credit agencies, so as long as you're paying on time and it doesn't go to collections it won't positively or negatively affect your score.

pay down your current card and wait six months for all those inquiries to fall off your report before applying for any more. use your current card responsibly to build a good reputation of paying on time and in full every month. you likely won't get approved if they see you maxed out and with a bunch of HPs on your report, you'll look like you're having trouble living within your means even if you aren't. six months from now you will be much more likely to get approved as long as you apply when you have 10% utilization on your current card at the most.

Capital One Secured: $300 | VS Angel $750
Message 2 of 4
jskates420
New Visitor

I'm actually paying both my card and sprint on time for the past few months,I'm also wondering how is Discover with "ClI" which Im supposed to receive the 27th of December I have heard of people getting lucky and getting it within 2 months and not 3
Message 3 of 4
furtivedog

You might need to be a little more patient. You are 18, and don't have a credit score yet. But you are doing the right thing by paying them on time. Are you paying them in full? Or just the minimum?  Why the rush for a CLI?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.