Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

still confused about reporting dates....something seems fishy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

still confused about reporting dates....something seems fishy

I am still confused by what dates I should look at to calculate when two charged off credit cards will come off my credit report.  Can someone help??Smiley Surprised

Also, since they are updating to the credit bureau every month does that continue to bring my score down farther?

The second charged off account does not seem right to me.  Is this legal?

Capital One
Date of Last Payment  11/2001
Date of 1st deliquency  11/2001
Date reported 2/2008
Terms monthly
Date of last activity N/A

On my 81 month payment history it shows 30 60 90 120 120 120 through11/2002 then it looks like I paid each month until 08/2005 it shows Charged off from there.

Capital One
Date of last payment  ???nothing
Date reported  02/2008
Date of 1st deliquency 07/2001
Date major deliquency first reported 01/2008  What???? How is that possible?
Terms monthly
Date of Last Activity N/A
On my 81 month payment history it appears that I paid on time until 1/2008 and then it says Charged off

BTW I live in FL

This is all so confusing.  Any help is appreciated!!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
sh9730
Regular Contributor

Re: still confused about reporting dates....something seems fishy

Yeah, this date of first major delinquency seems to be something new, but from what I ve been able to find out that is NOT what is used for drop off date etc. . The plain ol DOFD is.  NOW, since we havent seemed to find out alot of info on this DOFMD yet, FICO MAY use this as more of a score ding, but Im not at all sure that is the case.  If so its important that date remain accurate.  Maybe others have learned more about this DOFMD than me?

As for continuous reporting NO, FICO does not calculate based off of that, BUT there is many that believe (seems noone knows for sure) that FICO, DOES score based upon the Date of Last Activity.  This DOLA is NOT what is used for drop off etc, but FICO does seem to use this date if it changes.  Hence the reason some do NOT dispute items that are soon going to fall off (I fall into this category), because if they DO come back verified then that DOLA resets and there seems to be a score drop.

It is complicated, and with some of the newer fields that noone seems to fully know what they are yet, this is about the best I ve been able to piece together so far.

Hope it helps.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

look at your TU and EX report for * this will remain on you CR until  month/year *  It will drop going by DOFD not DOLA  which is this year!

EQ uses DOLA so you must look and see what they say about drop date.......if they are going by the 2008 date   dispute it!!!!!!!!

You are well past SOL for Fl.  don't sweat it.

You can dispute it with all CRAs  if you want  and IF it is verified then  you send the OC letter. After a dispute is verified by the OC they MUST answer the OC letter.  This will give you the exact DOFD & DOLA.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 03-03-2008 06:28 PM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 03-03-2008 06:29 PM
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

That dumbed it down enough for me to understand.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.