Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strange foreclosure situation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

strange foreclosure situation

I'm in a strange position.  In 2009 I went through a foreclosure.   Long story short, a few years later that foreclosure was found to be part of the wrongful foreclosures by several banks and was part of the federal settlement.  One of the terms of the settlement was that the foreclosure and any negative reporting regarding the foreclosure would be removed from the credit reports of affected individuals, which it has been.  There is no record of the foreclosure in any of my credit reports.  In fact, there is no record of any mortgage at all in any of my credit reports.  The thing is, I am not in the process of becoming a licensed mortgage banker, and part of the licensing is to disclose certain financial information.  I responded yes to the question "have you had foreclosure action brought against you in the past 10 years?"  However, now I am wondering if I am answering this question correctly.  With it wiped from my credit report, is it still considered to have happened?  Do I need to disclose it?  I have also heard from others that they are unable to get new mortgages without their credit reports accurately reflecting the foreclosure.  Sounds crazy!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: strange foreclosure situation

This is an ethical question related to your future employment. Yes, the foreclosures were wrongful. But in a literal sense, it is true that a "foreclosure action" was brought against you--even if it was a wrongful one. The most straight-forward thing to do seems to be to disclose the foreclosure but mention that it was invalidated. Cite the case.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.