Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

student loan question...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

student loan question...

I have the following entries on my CR's:

CA                                   OC                      BAL               DROP
ECMC                         US Bank             $ 1,733.00      01-Nov-09
Oregon State SC        not listed            $ 1,706.00      01-Sep-09
Oregon State SC        not listed            $ 1,126.00      01-Sep-09
US Dept of Ed            US Bank             $           -         01-Mar-13
US Dept of Ed            US Bank             $ 3,506.00      01-Apr-13
USBank                      US Bank             $ 4,358.00      Not listed

the original loan amounts were 1706 + 1126 =  2832, but with fees it ballooned up to the one that I am now paying on directly to the Dept of Ed $3506.00. My question to you all is, can I dispute the others as duplicates, or at least make them adjust the balances to zero so that my total debt is reported correctly? I know there is no SOL or drop date (although drop dates are listed on the CR) for these until paid, but how many times can they report the same debt? thoughts anyone?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: student loan question...

bump
Message 2 of 4
Boswd
Valued Contributor

I went throught he exact same problem.   Yes dispute the balance on the CA's since it is now in the hands of Dep of Education.   DED has paid them for the loan.  
You can try to dispute as a duplicate but you won't get far, for one i'ts not and two student loans when defaulted they are allowed to post that.  Very difficult to get any negs removed with them.

But the balances for ECMC and such yes dispute as paid  $0 balance, becuase they sure won't do it.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

that's what I was thinking. i know i don't really have a snowball's chance of getting the entries removed, but would at least like them to show 0 bal. thanks for your help.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.