Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

student loans

tag
treschic
Frequent Contributor

student loans

i'm paying back $120,000 in student loans.  they are currently in forebarance and haven't been consolidated yet.  i'm wondering the best way to go about repaying them.  i want to pay them off as quickly as possible.  should i consoliate them and pay double or triple the minimum payment, or should i pay off the smaller loans first, while paying the minimum on the bigger loans, then, try to pay off each individual loan?  not sure if this is confusing.  anyone have any suggestions? 
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: student loans

I say only consolidate if it will lower your interest rate-

Call you servicer and ask them - my has been very helpful

The best way to pay them?
Set up auto payments for the min amount-
Send extra as you can or when you make more $.

I have kept bumping up my auto payment amount over the last few years- at any time I can call and have the amount reduced to the min-  

angiepharm wrote:
i'm paying back $120,000 in student loans.  they are currently in forebarance and haven't been consolidated yet.  i'm wondering the best way to go about repaying them.  i want to pay them off as quickly as possible.  should i consoliate them and pay double or triple the minimum payment, or should i pay off the smaller loans first, while paying the minimum on the bigger loans, then, try to pay off each individual loan?  not sure if this is confusing.  anyone have any suggestions? 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.