Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

students loans disappeared on CR except EQ

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

students loans disappeared on CR except EQ

I have a question. I am currently disputing an old ASC/BOA student loan that says current too new to rate with a bal of $6893..  The reason I disputed  it was because it was consolidated with all my other student loans. I called the ASC/BOA and the couldn't find me in their system because it was like 9 years ago.  My bal on my other student loans that I will be start making payments on in June is  like 31,000 with interest.  Today I looked at my TC and under summaries it says
Balances
TU  17,875    Exp 17 581  EQ 46634.

Why would the $31,000 student loans just disappear off of my TU and EXP after all these years.  TU and EXP have on 2-8-08 said my balances were:
TU 45606   EXP 46353 and E 46634

Do you think I have a major problem now?  They are not due to start making payments with direct loans until June 2008.  I'm kind of worried now.

I think that helps my dti ratio on the TU and EXP but I don't want any more negatives. I'm working so hard to bring my credit up. I'm still new at this and can't wait to bring my credit up to where some of your scores are.

Message Edited by wantingbettercredit on 02-15-2008 03:55 AM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: students loans disappeared on CR except EQ

It depends on how you disputed it-
If you disputed "balance incorrect" $0
Any they just deleted it- you got messed over a bit-

They should stay on 10 years after paid-

wantingbettercredit wrote:
I have a question. I am currently disputing an old ASC/BOA student loan that says current too new to rate with a bal of $6893..  The reason I disputed  it was because it was consolidated with all my other student loans. I called the ASC/BOA and the couldn't find me in their system because it was like 9 years ago.  My bal on my other student loans that I will be start making payments on in June is  like 31,000 with interest.  Today I looked at my TC and under summaries it says
Balances
TU  17,875    Exp 17 581  EQ 46634.

Why would the $31,000 student loans just disappear off of my TU and EXP after all these years.  TU and EXP have on 2-8-08 said my balances were:
TU 45606   EXP 46353 and E 46634

Do you think I have a major problem now?  They are not due to start making payments with direct loans until June 2008.  I'm kind of worried now.

I think that helps my dti ratio on the TU and EXP but I don't want any more negatives. I'm working so hard to bring my credit up. I'm still new at this and can't wait to bring my credit up to where some of your scores are.

Message Edited by wantingbettercredit on 02-15-2008 03:55 AM

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually only disputed the $6893 with the AS/BOA because it said current/ too new to rate because if if it says open account I thought it would stay on there forever.  I just wanted them to update transferred with the correct date it was transferred back in 2001 or so. 

The other students loans is through the Direct Loan agency and I didn't dispute those.  I am going to stay current on those so it will look better on my report making payments on time.

I really hope I didn't goof up. I thought I was doing right.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry-
You disputed with the OC and they just deleted-

Wish my old SL's would do that=
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I disputed the $6893 with the OC and EX not the $31,000. That's what I didn't understand. I still owe the $31,000. I'm sooo Confused!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am and would be too-

wantingbettercredit wrote:
Yes, I disputed the $6893 with the OC and EX not the $31,000. That's what I didn't understand. I still owe the $31,000. I'm sooo Confused!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.