Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stupid question about HARD INQ'S

tag
mojobones89
Contributor

stupid question about HARD INQ'S

how long does it take for them to pop up?i havent gotten no alerts of my Hard pulls from yesterday

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: stupid question about HARD INQ'S

No not a stupid question at all.

I usually get notification within 24 hours of any changes to my reports.  

Yesterday I did an app before noon and by this morning I got my alerts.  So it's not instantaneous for me but fairly quickly.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 2 of 17
waihao0405
Established Member

normally it show up right away on ur credit report.

Message 3 of 17
pakman92
Established Contributor

@mojobones89 wrote:

how long does it take for them to pop up?i havent gotten no alerts of my Hard pulls from yesterday

Alert may take a day or two, but conventional wisdom is that it's nearly instantaneous.

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 4 of 17
mojobones89
Contributor

@pakman92 wrote:

@mojobones89 wrote:

Alert may take a day or two, but conventional wisdom is that it's nearly instantaneous.

i only see one for AMEX,my others for penfed,citi and NFCU dont show,and i kinda went on an app spree a couple days ago

Message 5 of 17
mojobones89
Contributor

@waihao0405 wrote:

like i told the other person is that i went on a app spree a couple days ago and only recieved one alert for AMEX,checked all three of my reports on different memberships and dont see the other new INQS

Message 6 of 17
mojobones89
Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

No not a stupid question at all.

I usually get notification within 24 hours of any changes to my reports.  

Yesterday I did an app before noon and by this morning I got my alerts.  So it's not instantaneous for me but fairly quickly.

i guess the other apps may have done a SP,i highly doubt it.....

Message 7 of 17
HiLine
Blogger

@mojobones89 wrote:

What credit monitoring service do you use? Some detect changes and send alerts faster than others. 

Message 8 of 17
Datx
Valued Contributor

@mojobones89 wrote:

@waihao0405 wrote:

like i told the other person is that i went on a app spree a couple days ago and only recieved one alert for AMEX,checked all three of my reports on different memberships and dont see the other new INQS

When you say "alert" Im assuming you are getting an email saying you have a new INQ, correct? Are you actually doing a refresh or pull of your credit report? Cause it normally shows right away when you refresh/pull your CRs. An alert email can take anywhere to a day or two, or even just a few hours. But if for example, I applied for a new CC right now at PenFed. And then I do a refresh or pull of my CRs, Im going to see a new EQ INQ for sure.

Message 9 of 17
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Datx wrote:

@mojobones89 wrote:

@waihao0405 wrote:

When you say "alert" Im assuming you are getting an email saying you have a new INQ, correct? Are you actually doing a refresh or pull of your credit report? Cause it normally shows right away when you refresh/pull your CRs. An alert email can take anywhere to a day or two, or even just a few hours. But if for example, I applied for a new CC right now at PenFed. And then I do a refresh or pull of my CRs, Im going to see a new EQ INQ for sure.

Correct....

I thought that mojobones was talking about alerts and I don't get them immediately.  But yes if I pulled my reports right after an app I will see the HP's.  If mojobones isn't seeing the HP's from a couple of days ago, then either they SP'd which I doubt on a new app, or they didn't pull it at all.  Are there other reasons preventing anyone knows of to prevent an HP from showing up?

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.