cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stupid question - how long do inquiries stay on?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: stupid question - how long do inquiries stay on?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Inquiries? 12 months? Perhaps.. The point loss for inquiries seems to be 12 months. But when number of inquiries changed on my CR my projected simulated score showed a different future score after 18 months? Absolutely nothing else changed except number of Inq's. So I wonder if Inq's were calculated in to the score in another place? Maybe I have frequently changing buckets that I can't keep track of. But this caught my attention.

Source was Score Watch Simulator 12, 18, 24 month projections.

Not sure what you mean. Do you mean the FICO score simulator where you pay down balances for or the above period of time? That also takes into account aging of your reports. Or is there something I'm missing?

Correct. When I go to my older MyFICO Score Power and click on "Similate best action" it gives me a different score than newer MyFICO Score Power. Days apart only change was number of inquiries. I also tried this on Equifax SW and saw the same thing. It is very possible the number on the right is a guess based on history and not a true prediction. Because the simulators were always accurate (at least on the left side) I started to believe the right side.

PS The balances, number of accounts, everything else was exactly the same on both score power reports. The only change was number of inquiries which is the only thing I can conclude to have effected the right side prediction of a different score. Might the number of 13-24 month old inquiries impact a score or is the simulator incorrect. Their might be another factor that happened over the few days but I can't find it. Nothing fell off either. For now I will except that the simulator is guessing and not accurate on the right side xxx-"xxx". Confusing.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 08-27-2007 01:26 PM
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: stupid question - how long do inquiries stay on?

Brammy wrote:

monro411 wrote:

Brammy wrote:

rifleman wrote:
thanks again tim.

are they weighted the same all throughout those 12 months, or do they differ with age during that year period? For instance, an INQ made in january of this year vs. an INQ made in july of this year--do they count against you the same number of points?

After about six months the impact it minimal but still impacting.

So Brammy you are saying that once they hit the 6 month period their impact is less.  I have about 18 inquiries from February 2007 from when I was buying my new car.  The Finance division had a field day trying to get me approved.  I cant wait till these go 1 year old.

If the car shopping was within a 2 week period and IF the dealership coded them right, they should only have the impact of one inquiry.

I thought that was only for the auto loan enhanced FICO score. And mortgage enhanced!!

Message Edited by monro411 on 08-27-2007 01:00 PM
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.