Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

success story

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

success story

I just thought I would let everyone know about some of my successes.  I just had three collections deleted from my cp.  All I did was call the original creditor and explained to them what happened(recent college grad) and they agreed to notify the collection agencies to have them removed.  I will say however, that it took a lot of work trying to get to the right people as most were telling me I needed to speak with the collection agencies.  Persistance pays off!!  I received letters from both the original creditor and collection agency confirming the deletions.  I think it is a lot better to try to deal with the original creditor as opposed to the collection agency.  I also found out that when a collection agency says they cannot delete items sometimes it may be true.  Some original creditors will not allow the ca's to delete their items.  My advice for anyone else:  try to deal with original creditors and be PERSISTANT!!!!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: success story

good job.

I agree- If the OC owns the debt- work with them.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to do this with 3 Citi cards i defaulted in college years...I paid them in settlements to collection agencies last august. Who should i contact...Citi customer service or what? i would love to have them deleted.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

my credit reports are being reported by Citi...not the collection agencies.
Message 4 of 8
sl
Established Contributor

Contact Citicorp.
Generally a good rule of thumb is to ask for supervisor.  Tell the CSR that you have a complex issue that needs to be made a the supervisor level.  Be very nice and tell them it is nothing against them.
Kill them with kindness, works 90% of the time. 

I find Citicorp easy to work with.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your success! It's always encouraging to hear.
Message 6 of 8
MM1234
Regular Contributor

Excellent !!
Message 7 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Awesome!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.