Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sued twice?????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

sued twice?????

To make a long story short, I was sued by Credigy Receivables a few months ago. The atty didn't show to court so it was dismissed. Now I received a fico alert today that they have pulled a hard inquiry. I have two questions, one do they have "permissible purpose" to do this? Also, why would they pull a hard inq unless they were going to try to sue again? Can they sue me twice for the same debt?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: sued twice?????

I don't think you can be sued twice for the same thing...What did the judge say in his/her ruling/dismissal?
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

She said "ok, you're here, their not" then she asked me how much my appearance fee was and entered a judgment against Credigy for $107 (I haven't seen a dime, nor will I ever I'm sure).
Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Wow. That was easy.

They cannot sue for the same debt because the court already ruled in your favor. If they send you a dunning collection letter, you could always kindly remind them of ficowarrior v. Credigy.

Maybe this is the ironic bad gene in me, but I'd think about sending a CA after them.

BTW, IMO, CAs have permissible purpose. Make sure they didn't try to file an appeal somewhere.

Message Edited by llecs on 02-05-2008 09:34 PM
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They would be required to inform me if they filed an appeal, right?
Message 5 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Absolutely!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

A CA does NOT have PP to do a hard pull.   For a hard pull you have to ....ask for credit....(or credit increase )  ins......employment & you must give permission!

Be sure that it was a hard & not a soft pull.... send them a letter stating that they did not have PP as you never asked for credit. Tell them that they have 5 days to delete it OR you will seek all legal remedies available to you by federal law!

CMRRR  and type your name only

I would call the courthouse & ask.....Tell them that the judge awarded you money from a lawsuit filed by a CA...and that they didn't show up. What do I need to do in order to collect this money. You might need to file a judgment against them....IF you do get an attorney & have him or her add their fees & court cost on top of what is owed you.

Also have to attorney check the law  in the state where the CA is......see if you can file under the CA name & the name of the owner!!!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 02-05-2008 10:19 PM
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.