Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

teaching classes on responsible use of credit - FICO score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

teaching classes on responsible use of credit - FICO score

Hello

I am interested in possibly teaching small classes at my work about responsible use of credit, what it is etc. I work on a college campus. Wondering if anyone knows if one needs to be certified to do so, and if so, how I could get certified and what type of certification I would need. Any info will help. thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: teaching classes on responsible use of credit - FICO score

The credit reporting "manual" used by the three major CRAs was developed by a joint team of reps from each CRA along with their private contractor, the "Consumer Data Industry Accociation" (CDIA). 

CDIA sells this copyrighted "Credit Reporting Resources Guide."  They are the recognized experts in all matters relating to credit reporting.

In addition to the manual, CDIA also offers a commericial course in credit reporting, and the issuance ot a certification as a credit advisor.

I really have no idea of the various state laws as to licensing requirments if you want to start your own business. 

I suggest that you start by going to the CDIA web site, and investigate what they say on the matter.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: teaching classes on responsible use of credit - FICO score

Awesome will do! Thank you Robert! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.