Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to DV or MOV?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

to DV or MOV?

When is it appropriate to DV or MOV. I can not find an explanation as to when to use which one?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: to DV or MOV?

You DV the CA directly.

The MOV is a letter for the CRA after they have "verified" a dispute you've sent in, & you want to see how they verified their information.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

is there a time limit upon me sending out a DV? If I haven't had any contact with the CA in a year or so can I still DV them?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends on where you live. Normally you only have 30 days from the inital communication to send DV. Texas has state laws saying you can DV anytime. Not sure about any other state.

asia1981 wrote:
is there a time limit upon me sending out a DV? If I haven't had any contact with the CA in a year or so can I still DV them?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sidewinder;

Where can i find that Law about no time periods for send a DV to a CA..

Do you have a link for this or can you give me a lead to where i might find it...

Regards
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot to add that I am looking for Texas State law and not federal

Thanks a Million

Regards
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can DV a CA  at any time   most people never receive a dunning notice and see it on their CR.....so when sending a DV  you state I pulled my CR and see that you say that I owe a debt.

There is no case law that states anything after the dunning letter......which would be the first that you heard.....

An MOV  is sent only to a CRA  after a dispute comes back verified & you believe that it is inaccurate.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 03-30-2008 10:36 AM
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.