Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

totally frusterated....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

totally frusterated....

I am desperately trying to improve my score for home mortgage and auto loans. Problem is that I had let things go unpaid in the past and now I am paying dearly for it. Two years ago my husband and I almost bought a home- my scores were better then then they are today (50+ points). I now have a great job- the money to afford those things finally- but can't get a good deal because of credit scores. I have bought the truecredit monitoring system (checking it daily) and now doing the same with my FICO score. I'm going insane!
I consolidated my student loans which totalled around $32,000 and that new consolidation loan hasn't surfaced on my credit report yet. I figured that this being paid and in good standing it would boost my score even if temporaily- but it only went up a few points. I  have only one credit card and I keep the balance below 35% as reccommended. I am trying to get collection accounts removed but 5 still exist. I have only had a  late once in the past 3 years and it happened to be a credit card- I totally forgot about it since it's all online and no paper billing. I had one collection account hit me a year ago. Otherwise, all but one collections will come off within the next 6 months.  My debt to income ratio is less than 5% and I have paid all bills on time in the last three years (except that one credit card I mentioned above). I keep being told to wait and my score will improve- but I'm impatient and need a new vehicle badly. LOL  My scores are EQ-585, EX-584, and TU- 615 and my FICO is 570. What the heck am I doing wrong?????
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: totally frusterated....

you just need to read a lot of things here...why not start with credit scoring 101?

Are you sure you've found all inaccuracies? Disputed everything you believe to be wrong?

How many inq's you have and on what CR's?

If you've paid all your bills on time in the last three years and you can't get baddies off by disputing, then try GWing. It has worked a few times for me.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: totally frusterated....

goingnowhere wrote:
I am desperately trying to improve my score for home mortgage and auto loans. Problem is that I had let things go unpaid in the past and now I am paying dearly for it. Two years ago my husband and I almost bought a home- my scores were better then then they are today (50+ points). I now have a great job- the money to afford those things finally- but can't get a good deal because of credit scores. I have bought the truecredit monitoring system (checking it daily) and now doing the same with my FICO score. I'm going insane!
I consolidated my student loans which totalled around $32,000 and that new consolidation loan hasn't surfaced on my credit report yet. I figured that this being paid and in good standing it would boost my score even if temporaily- but it only went up a few points. I  have only one credit card and I keep the balance below 35% as reccommended. I am trying to get collection accounts removed but 5 still exist. I have only had a  late once in the past 3 years and it happened to be a credit card- I totally forgot about it since it's all online and no paper billing. I had one collection account hit me a year ago. Otherwise, all but one collections will come off within the next 6 months.  My debt to income ratio is less than 5% and I have paid all bills on time in the last three years (except that one credit card I mentioned above). I keep being told to wait and my score will improve- but I'm impatient and need a new vehicle badly. LOL  My scores are EQ-585, EX-584, and TU- 615 and my FICO is 570. What the heck am I doing wrong?????

CC debt has more impack on you scores then any other loan. You said that you have only 1 CC???
Who is it with & what is CL?  When figuring UTIL you use CL & UTIL of all CC. The best rate is under 10% UTIL. Debt to ratio does not have any effect on scores.
Who is the CA and what is the DOFD or DOFA on them?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.