Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tracking soft inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

tracking soft inquiries

I hear pepole talking about their creditors checking up on them with soft inquires

are they doing this just once year with thier free report or buying report so often cause only reports from the directly from CRA show them. if there is free way to tack how often my creditors are checking up on me. I them are constant and I'm doing well, I expect to feel some love, and If I don't , I'll call them on it.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: tracking soft inquiries

@Anonymous wrote:
I hear pepole talking about their creditors checking up on them with soft inquires
are they doing this just once year with thier free report or buying report so often cause only reports from the directly from CRA show them. if there is free way to tack how often my creditors are checking up on me. I them are constant and I'm doing well, I expect to feel some love, and If I don't , I'll call them on it.

This is one of the things I DON'T like about the myfico reports,
I like to know when and how often and what CRA's they are checking. So when I call them I can say "You just checked my credit on XXX, why haven't you increased my limits"
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do they get the same info with a soft pull as they do with a hard pull? Because I have noticed they would do a soft pull, then do another hard pull for a CLI in the same week?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just asked the bank about soft vs hard. The dept for CLI said they could not see the soft pull in their dept. Interesting. When I carried a balance they said NO to CLI becuase of balance. Now that it is paid off, they said I didn't need a CLI because I have a $0 bal. Does this make sense? I think my lenders are lactose intolerant. I have 2 lenders that haven't increased my CL in over 8 years.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't you love when you apply for credit and they hit all 3 CRAs with an inquiry! Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

ilovepizza wrote:
Don't you love when you apply for credit and they hit all 3 CRAs with an inquiry! Smiley Sad

aren't mortage companies the only ones that do that?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.