cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transunion did a hard inquiry?

tag
AeroKrix
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit card fraud and weird inquiry.

@Strogen wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

okay, It's a known issue and it was a system glitch of some sort.

800-916-8800 - but this goes to india but you can ask for the us if you want like i did.

but she says it's probably something that you don't have to call in that it will probably be caught and fixed shortly because they know about it.

The rep took both my partners and I's contact info and said that someone would probably call back but either way it was being worked on and a known issue.

I feel better now!

Great! 

I called the same number and got a foreign rep who knew literally nothing other than the address on the inq which I already knew. 

He wanted me to write to them to get it removed..... yeah no. 

I told him it was probably a system glitch and it looks like it was! 

At first, thats what the rep told me to do. Write to the creditor who did the inquiry, request the creditor to snail mail the removal, and then mail it over to TU. After I explained it to the CSR that I would be asking TU (Creditor who did the INQ) to mail me a removal, then id have to mail it back to TU. The CSR still didnt get the redundancy in what he was asking. Front line CSR's are becoming more and more time wasting IMO.

Current 09/01/2021 EQ - 515 FAKO ; EX - 591 FICO ; TU - 598 FICO

Venmo CC $5.0K || Paypal Cashback CC $2.0K || Walmart CC $3.0K || CapOne QS1 $700 || CapOne QS $800 || Mission Lane $1.5K || Merrick $1.0K || AMEX Optima $500
Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit card fraud and weird inquiry.

Just wanted to report that I too had the inquiry from 4/2 and just got off the phone with transunion. They have already removed the inquiry for the over 300,000 people that were affected when they were testing their system.
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.