Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transunion keeps lowering score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

transunion keeps lowering score

I seriously hate transunion. The other 2 gave me a bump up in credit scores. Trsnsunion knocked me down 11 points. They said since my overall balance increased it dropped. Yet it raised the other 2. My scores transunion and other 2 are 35 points apart. How do you increase score with transunion? I personally think they are dicks.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: transunion keeps lowering score

@Anonymous wrote:
I seriously hate transunion. The other 2 gave me a bump up in credit scores. Trsnsunion knocked me down 11 points. They said since my overall balance increased it dropped. Yet it raised the other 2. My scores transunion and other 2 are 35 points apart. How do you increase score with transunion? I personally think they are dicks.

TU doesnt generate the score Fair Isaac Corp does based on the information in your report at the time the score is requested. You need to find out whats different between your better scoring report(s) and see about getting what the problem is corrected,

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The difference is tu says I have too much debt because I have 30k in student loans (which is current). The other ones the main things were I needed more revolving credit. Which actually raised the other 2 5 points each just for an inquiry for a card. I got the card so not sure how that will effect scores. I had just been using 2 cards as an authorized user on my wife's accounts for a long time. I paid the balances in full each month but they were her cards. Other then that they are the same. The card I used has a 5k limit. December I had 1600 on it and January was 3600. I paid them in full. I went up 5 or 6 points from expiran for using more. Then tu dropped me 11 points. Total credit limits between all the cards is 18k. I don't understand why tu always has the lowest score.
Message 3 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Carefully review your reports.  A scores is generated based on the data in the report from the CRA.  Are all 3 reports exactly the same?

Message 4 of 6
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Each scoring model is different, not sure who dictates how data is weighted between TU08 and EQ08 but there is differences between the 3 models.

If they were all the same it would just be Fico08, 04 etc.. instead of classic, beacon etc
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My income has gone up considerably and I am trying to get scores up. This is very frustrating in general. I paid off all collections. That was probably a mistake for the older ones. Student loans have been current since beginning of last year. I just got a credit card in my name. I have 2 authorized users ones I use for my business and pay in full each month. Car payments always current. The student loan missed payments killed me because I got hit with 7 at a time. What else can I do to improve my scores? Equifax is 629, tu is 589. All bills are current and will continue to be. I have an easy 3k extra a month. How could I improve my scores faster?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.