Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trick to getting free/low-cost FICO scores monthly or quaterly

tag
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

trick to getting free/low-cost FICO scores monthly or quaterly

Hello, I recently cancelled a credit score reporting service I was using because they were only giving me scores "based off" FICO and of course I don't know which FICO they were using and neither did the pencil pushers in customer support

It was useful at one point and had all three scores for me.

So now I have a puzzle to fill in, I need FICO scores at an interval for Equifax, Transunion and Experian, how can I get them?

Barclayscard offers me my Transunion FICO score monthly for free, and based on their disclaimers I'm convinced it is the actual FICO (but will I will remedy this if it is not)

myFICO score watch Equifax FICO score monitory for $14.95 a month

leaving the Experian score to be desired

So with Barclayscard I already get Transunion

AMEX gives a FACO for Experian, so thats discouraging.

What services can I get for a pay-once/monthly, get all 3 scores at an interval for no additional charge

I am almost "done" with acquiring credit limits and stuff, unless they slash all my limits, but this information is still useful to me.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: trick to getting free/low-cost FICO scores monthly or quaterly

@gen-specific wrote:

Hello, I recently cancelled a credit score reporting service I was using because they were only giving me scores "based off" FICO and of course I don't know which FICO they were using and neither did the pencil pushers in customer support

It was useful at one point and had all three scores for me.

So now I have a puzzle to fill in, I need FICO scores at an interval for Equifax, Transunion and Experian, how can I get them?

Barclayscard offers me my Transunion FICO score monthly for free, and based on their disclaimers I'm convinced it is the actual FICO (but will I will remedy this if it is not)

myFICO score watch Equifax FICO score monitory for $14.95 a month

leaving the Experian score to be desired

So with Barclayscard I already get Transunion

AMEX gives a FACO for Experian, so thats discouraging.

What services can I get for a pay-once/monthly, get all 3 scores at an interval for no additional charge

I am almost "done" with acquiring credit limits and stuff, unless they slash all my limits, but this information is still useful to me.

if you are member of psecu or have fnbo card, I think they offer an ex fico . 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 7
Carrie_in_Pa
Established Member

Definitely check with your bank. I just found out that M&T bank gives the beacon 5.0 score for $2.99 a month. Not free but not anything for me to whine about and it's the same score they use for loans.

Starting Score: 382 - 418 (2005) -- Current Score: 628 (TU08) -- 661 (Beacon 5.0) -- Goal Score: 750+
Into the Garden 6-15-2014 -- Digging in the dirt until 6-2015
Message 3 of 7
user5387
Valued Contributor

DCU - EQ 04

PSECU - EX 04

Message 4 of 7
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

hm so far kind of discouraging

I guess I'll just stick with the free annual report and then maybe pay for a 6 month one

while using my transunion score as a general reference to what the others will be even though they've been 50 points apart before

Message 5 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Differences in scores is a very common topic.  Unless you can ensure that the data and scoring models are identical scores can differ.  Data can differ not only from one date to another but from CRA to CRA as well.  Even FICO has a number of models in use so getting a FICO doesn't ensure that the score you get is the score a given creditor will use.  That's why I recommend focusing on data in your reports versus fixating on specific numbers.  Scores are based on data in your reports.  Good reports will lead to good scores.

Message 6 of 7
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

Differences in scores is a very common topic.  Unless you can ensure that the data and scoring models are identical scores can differ.  Data can differ not only from one date to another but from CRA to CRA as well.  Even FICO has a number of models in use so getting a FICO doesn't ensure that the score you get is the score a given creditor will use.  That's why I recommend focusing on data in your reports versus fixating on specific numbers.  Scores are based on data in your reports.  Good reports will lead to good scores.

thanks so you are also aware that having an actual FICO 08 score is also a leading indicator what all of the other scores will be

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.