Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

triple a offering something new

tag
corradovr6
Contributor

triple a offering something new

just thought i'd share, i renewed my triple a membership and on my new card was a sticker explaining they have a service to monitor experian now. with credit karma all reports have monitoring for pretty much free(minus triple a fee)

discover-$27,400 freedom vs-$7,000 credit union-$8,200 Blispay-$I make more money than them Tran-785 Exp-784 Equ-797
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: triple a offering something new

nice!   Have you checked it out?  Vantage3?  Monthly reports?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@corradovr6 wrote:

just thought i'd share, i renewed my triple a membership and on my new card was a sticker explaining they have a service to monitor experian now. with credit karma all reports have monitoring for pretty much free(minus triple a fee)

Question outside out topic ...

does triple A towing work outside the club area? The triple A plus membership in my hometown is USD 60, but USD 90 in the city i currently reside in. They told me they won't tow the car for free if I am outside the club area where I got my membership. Is this true?

Message 3 of 10
uswala
Senior Contributor

@corradovr6 wrote:

Are you talking about Protectmyid? They gave that to me free when I joined them 17 months ago. 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@uswala wrote:

@corradovr6 wrote:

Are you talking about Protectmyid? They gave that to me free when I joined them 17 months ago. 

Yes, he's referring to ProtectMyID Essentials which is free for AAA members.  That only monitors Experian, comes with $10,000 Identity Theft Insurance, and provides Lost Wallet Assistance. 

There's also the ProtectMyId Deluxe, which covers a lot more, including monitoring all 3 bureaus, $1,000,000 Identity Theft Insurance, and others but this costs $8.95 per month per member. 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@corradovr6 wrote:

does triple A towing work outside the club area? The triple A plus membership in my hometown is USD 60, but USD 90 in the city i currently reside in. They told me they won't tow the car for free if I am outside the club area where I got my membership. Is this true?

I'm not sure about that. I have plus, and have been towed outside my home area in another state and it didn't cost me anything. A quick call to AAA should resolve that though.  It should noted that I only needed a tow, as mechanical work was handled by a family member to get the vehicle going again. 

Message 6 of 10
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@corradovr6 wrote:

They've offered it for a while and recently went through a rebranding or something.  I've used it for a while and didn't see any significant difference with the new offering.  It's monitoring only.  No report data other than any changes.

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure about that. I have plus

Plus does differ a bit from other plans in coverage though.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had this for nearly a year now. If I want to see my report I have to purchase it. The only thing this does for me is alert me to a new inquiry. I did not pay for the deluxe edition so I cant say what that offers. I have also been trying to get it canceled since I subscribe to myfico and have had no luck. I email they tell me to call, I called 3x now and they refuse to stop the service. 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@corradovr6 wrote:

I have been a AAA member for more than 30 years and I have used it outside my area.

in fact, the biggest difference I know of between a standard membership and the Plus membership is that they will tow you a longer distance without additional charge.  Last time I checked it was 100 miles, so that would be 'outside your area' I would think. 

As suggested, call and ask them using your member id to be sure.

hth

Message 9 of 10
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Missed this when I replied previously.  Coverage area and towing distance benefit are two entirely different things.  You can always check the AAA site for details.  The site for my region indicates that towing benefits are across the US and Canada.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.