Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to make sense of this

tag
mmts0717
New Contributor

trying to make sense of this

Need some help - trying to help my brother-in-law with his credit and I need some help.

NCO Fin/38 Collection reported 3/2007 assigned 11/2003 Medical bill Date of 1st deliquency 9/2002 - last pament date 4/30/2005 - unpaid balance of 1332.00 -  this is an old hospital bill for his son that he thought the insurance had taken care of (does not remember paying anything in 2005) -- please advise me on what steps to take since there is still a balance.

Capital One 
date open 12/1998
credit limit 400
activity - closed
amount past due - (NOW) 4070.00 -- I am assuming this is interest fees and other fees added - ?
date of last payment - 08/2005
date of last activity - 01/2002
charge off amount - 1895

as of 01/2003 classified as a 4  - 120-149 days past due
then nothing from 02/2003 until 07/2005 reported
then 08/2005 until 11/2007 reporting as L - charge off

This does not make since to me -  DOLA on credit report showing 01/2002 then date of last payment as 08/2005 then at bottom on account it says L- charger off 08/2005 (yet it says date of last payment as this date also 08/2005)

Can somebody please explain this to me -- I do not know exactly - I want to help him but I don't want to make matters worse.  Can SOMEBODY please tell me what I should do.  

He has no established credit in the past 5 years as he has paid cash for everything - no installments, no credit cards, no inquires ABSOLUTELY NOTHING - no open trade lines reporting - has not made any loans since 2001 - not one account open since that time - 

has a few small collections for medical that I am going to help him write for PFD but the 2 above accounts have me stumped on what direction to take.  ANY ADVISE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: trying to make sense of this

The payment 'might' be NCO buying the account.  CRTP should not change with this and neither should SOL.

OCs and CAs are getting sneaky - trying to change CRTP and SOL....

I would DV the CA (then dispute once they receive it) and dispute the OC and then ask the OC to investigate . See OC Method
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.