cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to raise my score. what do you think of my progress?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

trying to raise my score. what do you think of my progress?

hello all? this forum has been very interesting and i have learned a few things from reading the stickies at the top. over the last 11 months i have been working to restore my credit and this is what i managed to do since july 2006. i paid off my old saving account which the bank had sent to collections unfortunately the damage had been done. 24 missed payments on a bunch of bank fees so this has completely destroyed my credit score and there is no way i can have this removed from equifax/trans union. i tried disputing it over everything i could think of i wrote letters to the bbb i wrote letters to head office i wrote letters to the cibc ombudsman. needless to say it was a waste of my time as it helped in no way. my fico score started at 477 July 2006. when i paid off cibc my fico score went up to 484. in September 2006 i went a applied for a secured visa from canada trust with a $500 limit. after the 1st billing cycle in November 2006 my fico score was 573. in April 2007 i applied for a secure line of credit for $5000. i checked my credit files from equifax/trans union. my score and trans union is 572 my score on equifax is 602. is this good? i do not want be negative but it seems like i did a lot of work for next to no improvement. am i on the right track? thank you all for your time.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: trying to raise my score. what do you think of my progress?

More than 100 points in a year, that's nice progress.

Keep up the good work!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd say you're making excellent progress.  Keep it pushin'!
Message 3 of 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Keep paying on time. That's good progress. Nice work.
Message 4 of 6
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Nice work, indeed!  Take heart, about being unable to delete the negatives, knowing that the older your baddies get, the less impact they have. 

Keep on Keepin on!

:-Mercy
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It can feel that way until you need credit and you find out how much that work was worth it! Good work. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.