Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tu hard inqs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

tu hard inqs?

i have 2 hard inqs on my tu report  from a ca. the thing is, there not on my credit report. they are just on my inqs. can they do this even though there not on my credit report. i called the ca and asked why they were on my cr. the ca said they were seeing if i had any assets. (bs) i told them that it was and old bill, and i wasnt going to pay them either. ( i have good reason) the ca said it wasnt going to remove them  (inqs), and was told they would not hit me with any more hard inqs. i asked the ca if your trying to collect this debt, how come your not on any of my crs? the ca had no answer, and told me they were going to send it back to the oc.  i think the sol is up.  i live in maine. the oc is in south carolina. the ca is in new york.  can anyone help me here. what is bbb? id like to try that. in maine the sol is i think 6 years. not sure in ny, or sc. anyone know? which state would the sol be in? please help..thank you.  btw equifax will remove almost all inqs...
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: tu hard inqs?

ok

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

First the CA has no permissable purpose to pull your credit. (Someone correct me if I am wrong)

You have so many states going on, I don't know what to say.Smiley Happy

Need to know what this is for, and where did you apply/recieve services, what not to narrow down what states SOL to look for.

BBB is better buisness bureau

Message Edited by stef37 on 01-26-2008 10:44 PM
Message 3 of 6
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

I think you can get money out of this CA for pulling your credit
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the inquiry is unrelated to a credit transaction (such as medical collections, judgments, liens), send this letter CMRR:

Dear Collection Agency:

On Date your company made an unauthorized hard inquiry into my Name of Credit Bureau credit report.  Attached is a copy of my credit report with the unauthorized inquiry circled.

Collection Agency violated the FCRA by obtaining my credit report for debt collection efforts unrelated to a credit transaction (Pintos v Pacific Creditors Association, Case No 04-17485 (9th Circuit Court)).

This letter is your formal notice to cease your unauthorized hard inquiries into my credit report and, a formal demand that you immediately contact the credit reporting bureaus where your organization has made inquiries into my credit history, to have your illegal hard inquiries removed. 

Please forward me documentation that you have had the unauthorized inquiries removed.

I wish to communicate solely in writing.  Do not call me at any time or place.

Regards

Your Typed Name (Do not Sign)

Note:  When attaching the copy of your credit report, be sure to BLACK-OUT your Social Security  and telephone numbers (unless the numbers are wrong - then leave it alone to mess them up).

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.