Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two state liens deleted with dispute

tag
sportyloc107
Established Member

two state liens deleted with dispute

hello just wanted to share this info with the board. i have been able to remove two state liens with a dispute to transunion. i filed the dispute over the phone saying i didnt know anything about these liens. got a letter in the mail this week saying they were deleted. i also disputed two other medical bills but wasnt able to get those removed. I also sent a goodwill letter to dfas and they emailed me back saying they were sending a letter to all 3 cb's for removal. I thank the lord i found this board. I have learned so much in just over a month.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: two state liens deleted with dispute

Message 2 of 8
sportyloc107
Established Member

had to pay back my enlistment bonus for the navy

Message 3 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 8
imovinup
Regular Contributor

congrats, TU seems to be the best with paid/released tax liens

Starting Score: 5/30/13 TU 630; EQ618: EX PLUS639
Current Score: 4/2/15 TU 661; EQ 617; ; EX FICO 631
Goal Score: 700

Message 5 of 8
sportyloc107
Established Member

thanks!

Message 6 of 8
ellielynn

I have 2 food tax liens from a failed restaurant business in 2008. I paid one of them in 2011 and have documents tp prove it. My report shows both liens, and states that they are under investigation......But I reported it shortly after i paid the lien. Should i continue to attempt to have it removed? I read somewhere that it wont be removed even after its paid, and that by making this request, it can hurt your credit.

please advise

Message 7 of 8
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

@ellielynn wrote:

I have 2 food tax liens from a failed restaurant business in 2008. I paid one of them in 2011 and have documents tp prove it. My report shows both liens, and states that they are under investigation......But I reported it shortly after i paid the lien. Should i continue to attempt to have it removed? I read somewhere that it wont be removed even after its paid, and that by making this request, it can hurt your credit.

please advise

Did you have the lien release recorded? Without a release the liens will generally continue to report.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.