tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ummm what happened to my credit report

myfico shows that my scores on all three went up 21-24 points:
equifax - 686
experian- 691
transunion - 697

then credit karma shows the total opposite haha. they've always been similar to my actual score (i know it's a FAKO so please don't coach me on the differences in their scores) but CK shows that i went down 56 points on equifax and 85 points on transunion (590!!!!!!!) what the heck happened why did they go WAY too opposite

i have seen it happen to other people but not THAT drastic **bleep**.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
woodsie1
Regular Contributor

Re: ummm what happened to my credit report

I have read on here that as your fico scores continue to climb that eventually CK scores take a dip... But idk why. 

Starting scores TU: 537 EQ: 571 Current Scores 8/2015 TU:641 EQ: 641EX: 643
4000 3600 30006200 VS: 2450 NY&CO: 2320

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hows your utilization? I find my fico score pays more attention to certain thresholds (under 50%, under 10%- i know you know this already 😉), but my vantage on cc sometimes goes down when my utilization goes down. Strange.. Also, have any accts reached the one year mark? Inquiries age off? Maybe ck has some accounts missing?

Oh well! A higher fico is worth a crappy ck! It'll probably catch up anyways...

Congrats on the increases!
Message 3 of 14
Simply827
Established Contributor

CK's model is crap. It actually used to be pretty close to my FICO scores before they switched to Vantage. It's been consistently 60-80 points lower than my FICO scores since the switch. An inquiry fell off, and my score actually went down the other day.

I really only use CK now to monitor for changes in my report.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

my fico went up due to me using another card i don't usually use so yeah. utilization is like 4-6%
report looks correct but idk what happened lol CK must suck
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I always experience the same. FICOs go up, CK scores go down. Not by that much, though... usually just a few points drop on CK. My latest was when my auto loan reported... for FICO it increased scores because of credit mix, but CK knocked me down for a new account.

My CK for TU is 659 and EQ is 666. While FICO for TU is 735 and EQ is 731. Literally differences of 75 and 65 points lol.

CK is really good for viewing changes on my reports though so I check regularly for that reason alone.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah and i do know their scoring is hogwash. i just found it crazy that it dropped SO MUCH. if it were 5-20 points then i wouldn't have mentioned anything but over 80?! that's bonkers
Message 7 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Simply827 wrote:

CK's model is crap. It actually used to be pretty close to my FICO scores before they switched to Vantage. It's been consistently 60-80 points lower than my FICO scores since the switch. An inquiry fell off, and my score actually went down the other day.

I really only use CK now to monitor for changes in my report.

+1

I'm glad I'm not the only one... a couple of weeks ago I had an inquiry drop off Equifax, and my Credit Karma EQ score dropped over 40 points!  My Credit Karma TU, which didn't have the inquiry that dropped, didn't change at all.  There were no other changes from the previous week.  So now my CK TU score is about 15 points higher than FICO, and my CK EQ is about 30 points lower than FICO.

I'm like you... I like CK for being able to monitor changes, but the scores are so far off now it's not even funny. 

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Karma scores are pretty close until you go on an applications spree. I fall a good 60 points. on everything else just kind of bobbles up and down about the same after initial hit.

That is what's so ironic they push so many cards and if you go ahead and get them your scores are like bankruptcies scores
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah.. it's ridiculous. I feel bad for people who think those are their real scores. An 80 point drop. Lol. It's actually comical.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.