tag
Achieve2012
New Contributor

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: How do I increase Credit Scores

You note you currently have 2 open cc accounts which you keep well below 10% util. monthly. How well below 10%? Keeping cc balance between 3-4% seems to generate the best scores.

Also keep in mind not all creditors reprt to all 3 CRB's. You can call the auto company and see if, at this late date with the loan almost paid off, if they'll report to the other 2. I think having this car loan (an installment account) is helping you have a good mix of credit.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 2 of 6
Achieve2012
New Contributor

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your debt to credit ratio is the determining factor. If you can keep your overall debt to credit ratio below 10% you will see your FICO skyrocket. Your student loan is probably the killer item in there. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

CreditCardCow wrote:
Your debt to credit ratio is the determining factor. If you can keep your overall debt to credit ratio below 10% you will see your FICO skyrocket. Your student loan is probably the killer item in there. Smiley Sad

it not stundent loan as it's a installment, using most of your revolving credit, which is on "demand" credit that kills you

Message 5 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

kymmie60115 wrote:
I have scores of 683tu, 693exp, and 680equ. I have recently paid my car loan down and the balance is at about $1,002 down from like $14,000. I have 2 open cc accounts which I keep well below 10% util monthly. I also have a student loan balance about $20,470 and one other installment account balance $4070. I was wondering should I have someone refinance the remainining balance on my car loan to make my scores go up, just to have a new account with a small balance? Or should I go ahead and pay it in full to have the scores go up. Also the auto loan account is only being reported to Equ. Should I have the account added to my other reports? The only reason I have not done so yet was beacuse the payments were so high ($610) that it made my debt to income ratio look bad and my total debt owed higher before the account was paid down. Any suggestions on what I can do to get at 700 or above?

Message Edited by kymmie60115 on 12-21-2007 05:31 AM

A couple of things might be going on here. Are you certain that your reports are in fact reporting <10% util on your CCs. I say this because paying and reporting are two different things. Also, do you have any bad stuff on your reports, even an old 30 day late. Is everything reporting accurate?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.