tag
Achieve2012
New Contributor

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW letters to Americredit

I would try a directed letter- Try and find an actual person to send the letter to.

kymmie60115 wrote:
Has anyone had any sucess with having late payments removed with GW letters to Americredit for car loans? I have 4 late payments due to my fiance's death and the last one was in about 2006. I previously wrote them explaining the situation but they didn't even respond. Any suggestions.

Message 2 of 5
Achieve2012
New Contributor

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Google is a great place to start-

or Use a generic title like-

Customer Relations Manager
or
Credit reporting Manager
or
VP of Customer Service

kymmie60115 wrote:
Any idea how I would do that?

Message 4 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I've sent about a half-dozen to a dozen GWs to them. I had a repo (redeemed and allowed to continue scheduled payments through loan maturity (2005)) with about a dozen lates listed on each CR.

They never ever responded to anything I sent. I had only sent to two addresses up to this point, but am searching for more. I did notice several changes to each CR, though. Some lates were deleted sporadically across each report and the repo reference was deleted on TU and EQ. TU and EX deleted all 90 day lates but left the rest. EQ appears to only have deleted the repo. Progress......
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.