Not applicable

Re: Need help on what to pay first!

@Xev0luti0nXx wrote:

I would have to say all of it Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the FICO Forums!  I noticed you seem to be having some trouble posting. It is possible to edit your own post if you have posted an incomplete message. To edit your post, go to the post. To the right you'll see "Options." Click on "Options" and select "Edit Message" from the drop-down menu. If you need any help with anything, let me know.  Thanks for your contribution to the FICO Forums!

Fused

Message 3 of 7
Xev0luti0nXx
Valued Member

Bump.

Please disregard my other post, this one will be easier to understand with the page breaks added! Thanks!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Xev0luti0nXx wrote:
I am new to the forums here and after reading severl posts I have a question of opinion for all of those who know what they are talking about here. I currently have a good job and steady income available to pay on debts and $1,500 to apply directly right now to help pay off.
Here is what I have.

CC: Balance: 398 Limit: 500

Loans:
Balance: 727
Balance: 605 - Gym Membership line of credit

Collections:
73.00 Gas Bill Paying off: 10/15/07
726.00 Medical Bill

Previous Collection:
$369
$122
$185

What I would like to know on the collection accounts is if I can negotiate a Pay For Delete and if I do, would I have to contact the OC and have them convey it to the CA? I also wanted to know if there is any shot in god's green earth if I can contact the OC of the previously paid off CA accounts to have them deleted. What I want to know is should I pay off the Medical bill in collections in one lump sum and apply the rest to my CC and Loans, or should I pay my CC and Loans down as much as possible and continue the $100/month payment plan I am on for my Medical Bills? My current Credit Score is 508. I have also recently paid off a Auto Loan that is still showing I owe $1,300 (which I paid this month and hasn't caught up with it). Can anyone tell me how having that balance removed from my total debt will effect my score? My Fiance' and I are wanting to buy a house in April/May of next year and in order to qualify for a First Time Home Buyers program here in Michigan I need to improve my score to 620 or higher. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

Message Edited by Xev0luti0nXx on 10-12-2007 02:31 PM

OK lets try again.   your SOL is 6 years

DO NOT pay anything without a PFD......first you dispute with CRAs wait to see if it drops.....if verified  send a PFD    post their answer in here & someone will tell you if it is correct...then you pay, not before! (gas bill)

have you disputed old collections?

$726 med bill     who is reporting the OC or CA?    makes a differance how to handle  also what year?

Loans:
Balance: 727       late payments?  CL?    are you making payments?

Balance: 605 - Gym Membership line of credit        does CR show  CL if so what is it?

now on PAID med bills......who is reporting and how is it shown?

Message 5 of 7
Xev0luti0nXx
Valued Member

Message Edited by Xev0luti0nXx on 03-19-2008 05:19 AM
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know that you are new, but when you ask a question and...someone doesn't answer but ask YOU a question  there is a reason!

Do you know the difference between SOL and CRTP?

I only know what your SOL is because you mentioned your state. When PAST SOL (which is 6years) you are in a better position to PFD. After all part of the amount is better then $0

Bills before Oct 2001    will be past SOL!!!

What year are your outstanding bills from collections

Are they reported on your CR? 

Any loan that you are paying like the gym...don't worry about as there are no late payments reported...this will not hurt BUT will help your scores!

READ YOUR PM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 10-13-2007 12:19 PM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 10-13-2007 12:41 PM
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.