Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

up over 90 points on equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

up over 90 points on equifax

I could believe it!!! I got a scorewatch telling me that something changed on my credit report. I checked seen that I paid off a past collections from Captil One credit card and my score when up from 456 to 548. Iam SOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY its finally paying off. I love this web site everyone here has really pointed me in the right direction and thats UPSmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy
thanks to all.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: up over 90 points on equifax

Super Duper Job!!!
Message 2 of 17
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Keep up the good work
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go!  It feels so good to finally get a handle on your finances, doesn't it?
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

wolf69 wrote:
I could believe it!!! I got a scorewatch telling me that something changed on my credit report. I checked seen that I paid off a past collections from Captil One credit card and my score when up from 456 to 548. Iam SOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY its finally paying off. I love this web site everyone here has really pointed me in the right direction and thats UPSmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy
thanks to all.

Hold the phone!
You plaid off a collection and you got 90pts??!!
Don't get me wrong I'm super excited for you, but it defies reason a bit.

Did they delete all record of the collections as well?
Was the account charged off?
Who was reporting  the account?

Sorry for the questions, but I'm trying to wrap my mind around what you're saying.

But CONGRATS!!!Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 17
adamkingadam
Regular Contributor

nice one!

my eq has been stuck at 577 for the longest time yet the other 2 continue to rise, does anyone else have this problem?

Message Edited by adamkingadam on 07-26-2007 12:55 PM
Starting Scores: 1/1/2016
EX 600 EQ 598 TU 610
Current Fico Scores (9/2016):EX: 674 EQ: 678 TU: 689
Message 6 of 17
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

In 3 months I have driven my EQ and TU scores up by 100 points each.  My EX has gone down 8 points in that time  Smiley Sad
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
thanks to all.

Hold the phone!
You plaid off a collection and you got 90pts??!!
Don't get me wrong I'm super excited for you, but it defies reason a bit.
Did they delete all record of the collections as well?
Was the account charged off?
Who was reporting the account?
Sorry for the questions, but I'm trying to wrap my mind around what you're saying.
But CONGRATS!!!Smiley Happy

It doesn't defy reason at all actually. Crap 1 is famous for keeping the bad card on your report with no limit listed so it looks like your utilization is maxed out. To me this is very wrong and probably illegal. When I paid 2 accounts that showed over $2500 my scores shot WAY up. I would also think that 90pts in the 400-500 range is easier to believe than 90pts at 600 or 650.

No matter, congrats to you OP. My EQ scores are up almost 100pts from 550 in Jan. Keep it up and you will be happy you did.
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

bamf70 wrote:
It doesn't defy reason at all actually. Crap 1 is famous for keeping the bad card on your report with no limit listed so it looks like your utilization is maxed out. To me this is very wrong and probably illegal. When I paid 2 accounts that showed over $2500 my scores shot WAY up. I would also think that 90pts in the 400-500 range is easier to believe than 90pts at 600 or 650.

No matter, congrats to you OP. My EQ scores are up almost 100pts from 550 in Jan. Keep it up and you will be happy you did.

Except that he's saying this was a collection account.  I thought paying collections did not affect your score and if it did the increase wasn't 90pt.

As I said, I'm waaaay happy, I just want to try to wrap my mind around (as understanding is an impossibility) what could have transpired.
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

bamf70 wrote: It doesn't defy reason at all actually. Crap 1 is famous for keeping the bad card on your report with no limit listed so it looks like your utilization is maxed out. To me this is very wrong and probably illegal. When I paid 2 accounts that showed over $2500 my scores shot WAY up. I would also think that 90pts in the 400-500 range is easier to believe than 90pts at 600 or 650. No matter, congrats to you OP. My EQ scores are up almost 100pts from 550 in Jan. Keep it up and you will be happy you did.
Except that he's saying this was a collection account. I thought paying collections did not affect your score and if it did the increase wasn't 90pt.
As I said, I'm waaaay happy, I just want to try to wrap my mind around (as understanding is an impossibility) what could have transpired.

Mine were collections as well. Crap 1 was nice enough to let them accrue interest every month for 4 years, show the accounts as closed and report no credit limit yet have a CA try to collect for both of my cards. This put my utilization at something like 200%. Lovely company....I can't wait until I can get more credit with them :eek

Message Edited by bamf70 on 07-26-2007 01:18 PM
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.