Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

up over 90 points on equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: up over 90 points on equifax

bamf70 wrote:
Mine were collections as well. Crap 1 was nice enough to let them accrue interest every month for 4 years, show the accounts as closed and report no credit limit yet have a CA try to collect for both of my cards. This put my utilization at something like 200%. Lovely company....I can't wait until I can get more credit with them :eek

Message Edited by bamf70 on 07-26-2007 01:18 PM

Now you hold the phone!!

And these accounts weren't charged off after 4 years of non-payment?  Now I'm seriously getting confused.
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol then you are gonna love this....both accounts were/are charged off. Of course both accounts have 2 charge off dates listed on my reports Mar 2004 and Jun 2007. Yes I have disputed but it didn't seem to make any difference. They did what they did and they are now finally "fixed" and I will NEVER look to them for ANYTHING ever again.
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

bamf70 wrote:
Lol then you are gonna love this....both accounts were/are charged off. Of course both accounts have 2 charge off dates listed on my reports Mar 2004 and Jun 2007. Yes I have disputed but it didn't seem to make any difference. They did what they did and they are now finally "fixed" and I will NEVER look to them for ANYTHING ever again.

I am just totally in awe right now, bottom lip on the floor and everythingSmiley Indifferent.  So now what do they say on your reports now?  Paid ChargeOff? 

Don't mean to be all up in your business.
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's all good superduper contributer Smiley Wink One account shows "Legally settled for less than full amount" and the other shows paid/chargeoff with 0 balance on both and the actual credit limit of both being reported.
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

bamf70 wrote:
It's all good superduper contributer Smiley Wink One account shows "Legally settled for less than full amount" and the other shows paid/chargeoff with 0 balance on both and the actual credit limit of both being reported.

Hey, I never profess to be a know-it-all super contributor, I'm just talkativeSmiley Very Happy
Learning just like you.

And you got all those points by simply paying the thing off.  I'm telling you, everything I read, even on this board says paying a charge-off does nothing for your score unless they totally delete the record.

But I will say this, I'm glad you and our friend here were the exception to that.  Please lord let it be me!!!!Smiley Indifferent
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had MANY baddies on my reports....my 100pt gain on EQ and 120 on EX was due to some collections being deleted, some being paid and many of the tips I learned here. I do take some issue with the idea of not paying collections though. I would assume many of us are here with hopes of buying a house. Unless I am greatly mistaken, no lender will give you a 200k loan for example if your credit report shows you still owe company xyz $300 from 5 years ago. So while they may or may not show any point increase on your individual reports, depending on how they are being reported, paying them is the minimum needed to be able to qualify for a mortgage.

Ok I jacked the thread enough Smiley Happy Congrats again OP and trinny you are right, we are ALL learning here. Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wolf, that is so excellent and I am praising the Lord for you all!!!!  Mine went up 89 points when those Countrywide lates were changed to current on my EQ.  If you faxed that letter over to the CRA's, that may have helped your score as well.  Check your credit report to see if the update took place or not.  My TU is updated shows 579, EX is not updated and shows 579 and my EQ is updated and shows 569, so I guess my mid fico score is 579, right?  

Oh yeah, Shell deleted to lates 1 60 day late and 1 90 day late.

We're on our way to the 600 club.   WOOO  WOOOO
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.