Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: urgent advice needed!!!

hey braznyc and everyone who helped me. thanks a lot
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't believe you can DV an OC because they are not required by law to answer. However you can ask for an investigation. Here is a letter to send to the OC to validate the debt always mail it CMRRR-certified mail return receipt requested

Company

Address

Address

Date

Re: Acct #xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To Whom It May Concern:

I recently pulled my credit report from Experian, Equifax and TransUnion and noticed this account was listed on each of my reports as a collection I immediately disputed this information with Experian, Equifax and TransUnion and the results of the investigation came back as "verified

Since I have disputed the account with the credit bureaus, and you have verified them, I would like to see what sort of records you have for this alleged account. Under the new FACTA laws, you are required to conduct an investigation on this account, and I am now requesting it.

In order to clear up this matter, I would like to see:

Complete account history, including, all statements, records of all activity, payments, collection attempts, and any charges added for collection activity; In short, any and all documentation pertaining to this account

If you don't respond with the results of the investigation (as is required per the FCRA), I will assume you have no documentation and therefore you were negligent in providing the credit bureaus with accurate information. At this point, you would also be in violation of the FCRA merely for not responding within the 30-day period.

Please send all correspondence to:

Name

Address

Address

Sincerely,

DO NOT SIGN......JUST TYPE NAME

Make changes as needed to suit your particular situation.

Message Edited by litchloath1 on 02-09-2008 06:36 AM
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks a lot for this help.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.