cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using cc then paying off...score increase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

using cc then paying off...score increase?

I've read a couple of post that said if you use your cc and then pay it off that this somehow helps you gain a few points.  Does anyone know if this is right?  How does it work?  It seems a little to easy to me but if it works I'll do it. Smiley Happy
Thanks!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: using cc then paying off...score increase?

For max points-
have 1 card report a small balance and PIF-   

love2golf wrote:
I've read a couple of post that said if you use your cc and then pay it off that this somehow helps you gain a few points.  Does anyone know if this is right?  How does it work?  It seems a little to easy to me but if it works I'll do it. Smiley Happy
Thanks!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, if I have two cards, are you saying go ahead and pay one off.  Then let the other have the small balance and then pay that one off as well?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

This gets quite easy when you are using CC's for daily purchases or even gas-

CMS- is perfect to have a small monthly charge on a CC and PIF before the due date= No interest charges, low balance= Happy FICO 

What ever your meathod is- let a small balance report, but don't pay interest charges !!!!!!!!
You want less than 1/2 of you CC's to report a balance. Individual and overall Utilization under 10% and under 5% if you can.

prudentone wrote:
So, if I have two cards, are you saying go ahead and pay one off.  Then let the other have the small balance and then pay that one off as well?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have no idea how excited I am.  I look forward to playing this game.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.