Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vantage score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

vantage score

Is the Experian Vantage Score the same as the Fico score?  I don't think it is but can anyone tell me how far off pointwise it is (roughly) from you real fico?  Im trying to get an estimate here.  Thank you
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: vantage score

I believe it is a FAKO score.

To learn ALL about the Experian Vantage Score, type that in the search box at top of page.

Have heard several times that lenders do not use it.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I searched on here.  I was just trying to get an estimate of what the real fico will be.  I didn't realize at the time it wasn't the real deal.  Thank you for your response.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

nfg wrote:
Yeah, I searched on here.  I was just trying to get an estimate of what the real fico will be.  I didn't realize at the time it wasn't the real deal.  Thank you for your response.

I got that Vantage score for kicks and it was 890. Fico was 762  same day. 
Message 4 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Oh no, don't get me started on Vantage scoring.Smiley Tongue
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Isnt Vantage scoring supposed to be the new system that the 3 majors did together? As far as I know based off what I read, the scores are as follows below and is rated with an actual grade also as if you were in school.........

901-990 = A Credit
801-900 = B Credit
701-800 = C Credit
601-700 = D Credit
501-600 = F Credit

So there you have it. I find it funny that the fellow that responded to this question has A credit when using FICO with his score of 762 (760-850 in FICO terms is excellent credit) but when converted to the Vantage score he only had a 862  B credit. That goes to show you that its way off.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correction, he had an 890, but he is still considered B Credit with the Vantage scoring. My apologies if I offended you by putting the wrong score.
Message 7 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

DTG12878 wrote:
Isnt Vantage scoring supposed to be the new system that the 3 majors did together? As far as I know based off what I read, the scores are as follows below and is rated with an actual grade also as if you were in school.........

901-990 = A Credit
801-900 = B Credit
701-800 = C Credit
601-700 = D Credit
501-600 = F Credit

So there you have it. I find it funny that the fellow that responded to this question has A credit when using FICO with his score of 762 (760-850 in FICO terms is excellent credit) but when converted to the Vantage score he only had a 862  B credit. That goes to show you that its way off.

Look at my FICO scores. The last time I checked my Vantage score it was only 821. I'm not worried about this because even if lenders do start using Vantage scoring, 821 or a B is still prime just not super prime.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

DTG12878 wrote:

901-990 = A Credit
801-900 = B Credit
701-800 = C Credit
601-700 = D Credit
501-600 = F Credit

Look at my FICO scores. The last time I checked my Vantage score it was only 821. I'm not worried about this because even if lenders do start using Vantage scoring, 821 or a B is still prime just not super prime.

Yea Fused, I feel where you comin from but come on now, lets be honest especially when it comes to your scores. You are literally knockin on Excellent credit with all 3 bureaus, so I know that has to sort of piss you off to know that you would go from excellent credit 760+ on all three to just B credit with the new Vantage scoring
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.