cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

!!very interesting thing happened last month!! What is this? Removed account.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

!!very interesting thing happened last month!! What is this? Removed account.

Hi everyone. An interesting thing happened last month as i checked my creditkarma. I had a charge off chase credit card in my report which was closed in 2015. The balance was $2.000. However, creditkarma says this account was removed from 2 credit agencies,trans and equi. This is what i see when i check my report in credirkarma. 

ACCOUNT REMOVED

Your credit reports no loner list 1 account

Account.................Type.................OpenDate..........RemovalDate.........Reportedby

Chasebnk...........CreditCard........Jan1,2014............Nov 16,2015..........Transunion

Chasebank.........CreditCard........Jan1,2014............Nov 6,2015............Equifax

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: !!very interesting thing happened last month!! What is this? Removed account.

Interesting.  I would pull your real credit reports and see if they are removed on there or not.  I've had accounts vanish from CK (and CCT for that matter) for whatever reason but they are still on my real credit reports.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: !!very interesting thing happened last month!! What is this? Removed account.

interesting because it was removed not only drom 1 credit bureau, but 2. I tried annualcredit.com but it asks me to call them. I couldnt get my credit report. What are other websites where i can see my real credit reports? 

Message 3 of 15
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What was the DOFD on the account?

Was it excluded by the CRA or was it deleted by reporting of a deletion by the creditor?

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

DOFD was around 2015 may.
I dont know, when i go to credirkarma under account section, i dont see this account anymore. It says this was removed from transunion and equifax. Chase bank was reporting this account to credit bureaus. Maybe, chase sold this account to a collection agency and thats why it was removed..? maybe collection agency who bought this account from chase will report it later ? I dont know. I am too confused. The thing is i was going to make a full payment to the original creditor next month but now it just dissapeared
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

interesting because it was removed not only drom 1 credit bureau, but 2. I tried annualcredit.com but it asks me to call them. I couldnt get my credit report. What are other websites where i can see my real credit reports? 

This sounds like a split file. You should order paper copies of your reports and make sure nothing else is missing. If it's only a negative account, probably best not to poke the bear, but it's possible updates for your current accounts could go to the split file, if it exists.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is split file?
Are you saying that the chasebank sold this account to the collection agency and therefore they removed the account because they are not anymore responsible?

Yes i will order my paper report but i am in france right now. I have been in franse for 5 yearsSmiley Happy How long does it take to get paper report? Never got paper report before.
Message 7 of 15
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Spilt file is your info and someone else's being mixed up somehow I think is what they are referring to ? And it could be that Chase did sell the debt to collections agency but I wouldn't think they would do that until it past the SOL atleast
Message 8 of 15
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Or your file has been split into some how ? Not sure
Message 9 of 15
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I've heard of them merging reports together but not split
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.