Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wells fargo PLOC personal line of credit

tag
Creditfan1234
Contributor

Re: wells fargo PLOC personal line of credit

PLOC are great options like others have mentioned are good for a short term cash need. Nothing long term because they can become due at anypoint in time and that is up to the lender. Wells Fargo since you already have a banking relationship with them would be a good option. I will let you know though that it cannot be added as overdraft protection for your checking account. That is what most people use their PLOC for. I have one at my credit union for this purpose and I feel that is how a PLOC best suits me. If you are looking into more in depth about rates, you might be suprised but a CC and a PLOC from Wells might have the same interest rate tacked on. Defiantly do your research and go talk to a banker to see if you have any offers. 

Message 11 of 16
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@Creditfan1234 wrote:

Nothing long term because they can become due at anypoint in time and that is up to the lender.

I had no idea a bank could do that when monthly payments take place!

Message 12 of 16
iv
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

@Creditfan1234 wrote:

Nothing long term because they can become due at anypoint in time and that is up to the lender.

I had no idea a bank could do that when monthly payments take place!

Always, always, always read the full contracts you sign.  

Even the fine print.  

Especially the fine print.

If the fine print says "callable", or has a list of conditions under which the loan can become callable....  then yes, yes they can.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 13 of 16
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

I was just thinking that while you receive a copy of important terms upfront, how can you be sure there is no additional small print in the full contacts presented to you for final signing? It's not like you have your real estate agent by your side at a mortgage.

Message 14 of 16
iv
Valued Contributor

I was just thinking that while you receive a copy of important terms upfront, how can you be sure there is no additional small print in the full contacts presented to you for final signing? 

...by ...reading them?

Seriously, would you sign legally-binding documents without reading them?

I wouldn't. You shouldn't.

It's not like you have your real estate agent by your side at a mortgage. 

That's what your real estate attorney is for.

They can call out specfic issues that may be a problem (or that are non-standard), and explain any parts you don't understand.

Use one.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 15 of 16
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

I can't read small print, but I do have a 5x magnifier for such situations.

Takes a while to read with the 5x, but who cares - it's my money and they can wait an extra 30 minutes (or forever if the fine print is objectionable). Recommend you read the fine print - real estate attorneys can help but, you are the one who signs.

The buck stops where?

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.