cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wells fargo auto finance goodwill letter/ help!!

tag
lizabeth
Contributor

wells fargo auto finance goodwill letter/ help!!

Recently I've been putting 100% effort towards cleaning up my credit, and my biggest BLACK MARK on my report is my auto loan!! When I saw it I literally gasped. Keep in mind, I've never actually seen my report until now so imagine my surprise when I saw how extremely late the payments were.
My car was REPOSESSED once, and I remember that clear as day, but I wasn't aware how serious the issue was at the time. 

My car is paid off. It's been paid off for over 6 months now.

So heres the deal, I need to at least ATTEMPT to write a goodwill letter to wells fargo concerning this severe past situation.

My mother was in charge of the payments of my car. The car dealership guy at the time of purchase said I should CO-SIGN so that having my name on it would build my credit. Ideally, it was a good idea. I had ZERO credit four years ago (I'm 25), but in reality, my mom sloffed off on payments for a really really long time and brought me down with her. I was starting college and everyone in my family knew that I wouldn't/couldn't be making payments.  I'm sure wells fargo won't care about that in the slightest.  

Ready for this?

-30 days late SEVENTEEN times
-60 days late THREE times
-90 days late ONE time.

#*%(*#%(*!

Is it even worth it to write a letter, and how in the world could I explain this absolutely horrible situation. I've learned my lesson to never co sign anything with my parents!!!
This is literally pretty much the ONLY bad thing on my credit and its baaaaaaaaad.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: wells fargo auto finance goodwill letter/ help!!

You say   REPOSESSED once.....did she get the car back OR is the repo on your CR?

Late payments stop hurting after 2 years.

I would send a GW  and tell them that you were just a co-sign and that you didn't know about the missed payments.  make them feel sorry for you.
Message 2 of 3
lizabeth
Contributor

Re: wells fargo auto finance goodwill letter/ help!!

the repo is not on the CR. or at least i dont see any mention of it. just all those excessive late fees.
we DID get the car back immediately by paying 500 upfront to the people who took it along with paying the late bill.

thanks for the response. i've been googling the information and found that wells fargo is somewhat known for being completely ungracious and unkind.
i'm writing it anyways. its a shot in the dark! Smiley Happy

thanks again.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.