Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

west asset management pay for delete

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

west asset management pay for delete

Has anyone had any success with west asset management and NCO financial in getting settlements and pay for deletes with the settlements. I am trying to help my son with his credit problems.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: west asset management pay for delete

Yes, I recently had a CA removed that was owned by West Asset Management.  I went through AT&T (the original creditor) who agreed to have it removed.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't know you were able to work with the original creditor once the dept was sold. I gotta get in touch with mine to see what I could do

Message Edited by l9ikjam on 01-14-2008 02:11 AM
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

These are both medical accounts should I PFD the hospital or the CAs?
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

i am interested as well i have quite a few from them on my reports....
Message 5 of 8
Ausfarm
Regular Contributor

We tried to PFD West Asset but rec'd no response.  We then tried going to the original creditor, who was a hospital and they seemed clueless and didn't think they could nor did they want to ask West Asset to remove the collection account even if we paid in full.  Good luck.

Message 6 of 8
zep
Valued Member

I just maid a partial settlement to NCO on behalf of Crap 1 (before I was aware of these forums).
They are difficult to work with. Do not contact them directly but use the unsigned letter with CMRRR and get a commitment for a PFD before paying.

I believe NCO is actually in the Philippines or somewhere in Asia, and they do not really comprehend 100% of what you say. Although their mailing address is in the US. They tell you one thing and do something else.

I settled a collection from 2003 for less than the full amount and they reported it as a collection in 2007. This wrecked my CR. I am waiting for other disputes to be corrected before I dispute this item.
Message 7 of 8
Rebuilding101
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes, I recently had a CA removed that was owned by West Asset Management.  I went through AT&T (the original creditor) who agreed to have it removed.

I know you haven't visited since 2009, but lets hope you get to see this somehow. I need to do EXACTLY what you did. Please respond!

Starting Score(4/1/10): EQ: 631--- TU: 646
Current Score(4/1/10): EQ: 725--- TU: 686
Goal Score: EQ: 850--- TU: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.