Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what do i do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

what do i do?

i have a collection account that is being listed as an open account 120+days past due on my equifax report.  it states no money is due and does not list the original creditor.  the collection was paid years ago as i didn't know any better at the time.

is this the mistake of equifax or is it the collection company reporting incorrectly?  what should i do and who should i contact to have this account listed correctly?

any help is greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: what do i do?

Where did you pull from, direct from CBR, annual, or resale?

What specific dates does the entry list and for what?
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

it is listed as an open credit account on myfico.com as well as 120+ past due w/ a $0 balance.

on my equifax cr pulled on 9.20.07 via the annual credit report site it is listed as an open account under type of account w/ the date of last payment and date closed listed at 07/05.  it also lists an 81 month payment history from jan 2007 to Sep 2006. sep 2006 is when i last disputed this item.

as there is a payment history from the beginning of 2000, is it possible to dispute this item as beyond the 7 year statute?

also, is it possible that myfico is pulling this information incorrectly?  I have a fico score discrepancy from myfico (currently 659) and from one of my credit cards that tracks my fico score monthly (currently 693)

thank you for your help with this. the more i try to disseminate the information the more questions about the inconsistencies i seem to have. 

Message 3 of 6
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

wongbata wrote:
it is listed as an open credit account on myfico.com as well as 120+ past due w/ a $0 balance.

on my equifax cr pulled on 9.20.07 via the annual credit report site it is listed as an open account under type of account w/ the date of last payment and date closed listed at 07/05.  it also lists an 81 month payment history from jan 2007 to Sep 2006. sep 2006 is when i last disputed this item.

as there is a payment history from the beginning of 2000, is it possible to dispute this item as beyond the 7 year statute?

also, is it possible that myfico is pulling this information incorrectly?  I have a fico score discrepancy from myfico (currently 659) and from one of my credit cards that tracks my fico score monthly (currently 693)

thank you for your help with this. the more i try to disseminate the information the more questions about the inconsistencies i seem to have. 

Ok we never dispute off of free annuals as that gives about 2 weeks extra to investigate instead of 30+5 ... and you want them to have as little time as possible.  That leaves you with the one you pulled from myfico, and that is a resold.  Myfico and all resold reports can be outdated but being that this info is on your annual, it is most likely on your direct (equifax.com).  That should not affect FICO score but you might be comparing FICO to a FAKO score.  Check with the credit card service. 

What date did you pull the myfico EQ, 9/20/07 as well?  What was the reason and results for the last dispute?

With all the info you have though I would say there is a high chance that this is beyond SOL as if you were paying a CA at the beginning of 2000, the DOFD would most likely have been in 1999, add 7 years.... it's past reporting SOL. You can pull (and pay for ) your direct report for the actual dates but I personally would save my money and dispute as too old to report thru myfico if still able. 
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

okay, is there an acronym page somewhere to explain what everyone is saying?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.