Moderator Emeritus
masdeocho

Re: what do i need to do for a 350?

Tuscani wrote:
I have seen just about every type of report... and I have yet to see a score under 400.

Isn't it possible to get a low score for a very thin file? 
-----------------
Bartender, bring another round of FICOtinis please!

9.4.2011: TU 805. EQ 815.
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

masdeocho wrote:

Tuscani wrote:
I have seen just about every type of report... and I have yet to see a score under 400.

Isn't it possible to get a low score for a very thin file? 

Not that low... once you have enough info to generate a score it is usually 600+.
Regular Contributor
Joe77

I am in the mortgage biz.  Sometimes, I get referrals from realtors who are first time buyers and haven't the faintest clue what their FICO's are.  Usually they suck, once in a while you'll get a 700 score though.

Anyway, last week, this woman said "well, I had a couple hospital bills and was late on my car once or twice, but it should be OK."

So I'm thinking "well, she might be an upper 500s and good for FHA..."

WRONG.

her three scores:

No BS!  That's what they were!  The worst I've ever seen.

From BK to 700 FICOs in 4.5 yrs.
Regular Contributor
coachhenson

I didn't realize my wife was trying to by another house without me...LOL.

Those scores make me feel really good about myself.
Established Contributor
Revike

dog wrote:
does anyone know how horrible your credit has to be to get down to 350-399? i am thinking about going there and then working my way back up. just for fun.

Apply for 42 more credit cards and immediately close any accounts that you get approved for. If any of the 42 are Amex cards, hit the Luv button hourly until you are F/R'd. Also, get added as an AU on several brand-new, maxed-out accounts - only a temporary dive, but useful for your purposes. Dispute any and all positive tradelines until the CRA gets sick of you and deletes them.

:smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+