cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what happened to my post ? finding a private student loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

what happened to my post ? finding a private student loan?

It was just on here and getting responses and now it's GONE?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: what happened to my post ? finding a private student loan?

Hmm yeah it has gone missing!  Check your PM's to see if a mod pulled it or anything?  I think you might have had a link in there from someone... maybe that caused it to get pulled.  I'm just guessing here, not saying this is the case at all    Smiley Happy  
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Hmm.. Wasn't me (this time). Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh gosh, I really need help.. got 'had to have a co borrower" from a student loan place,and I'm 47...there was a major 140 point drop in my credit score due to two errors that weren't mine back in april. I disputed them , and they were taken off all three bureaus..but it's mighty slow now climbing back that 140 point drop...they can drop in one day..but it takes forever to climb again.. my scores are all mid 600's now..I need a private loan for about 20,000 for my daughter to finish her senior year at a college in Boston..but need to know who is relaxed with fico scores with this kind of thing.. anyone? I can really use the help... thanks so much
Message 4 of 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

The important thing is that they are gone... Have you read the Scoring 101 thread?
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mid 600 and you need a cosignor!!! Darn!

Have you tried:

Accessgroup
Citiassist
The Signature Loan
Nellie Mae
TERI Loan
M&T Bank
???

Message Edited by trinigal on 07-04-2007 02:40 PM
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks Trinigar..i'll try those..I'm afraid tho that they'll all pull hard pulls on me?
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I'm not sure. My "expertise" ends at providing some lendersSmiley Happy

I've read on here though somewhere, you can ask for a soft pull, again I'm not sure how that works.

Perhaps someone else can chime in?

Not sure again, but I think if you do them all in a short period of time it'll only count as 1 pull.

Good luck! and let us know how it turns out. 
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trinigal, thanks. I went to most of those websites, and they all 'send' the money or loans directly to the college. we need the funds for my daughter's off campus apt while in school, and the college wont't authorize this in a student loan. that's why we need a private loan. The one I used last year with initials SM, wont' approve me alone in the mid 600's this year...so I"m forced to look elsewhere thanks for the suggestions..any others are more than welcome as well. Lisa
Message 9 of 11
SoulSmilen
Regular Contributor

Lisa, check your private messages.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.