cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what if you don't know what the collection is for?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

what if you don't know what the collection is for?

If I have something with a CA on my CR, can I dispute with the CRA online saying I have no idea what it is for? Will they have to DV? Does this ever work for a deletion?

Now, is it true that once you dispute with CRA, they have 30 days to respond or they have to delete?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: what if you don't know what the collection is for?

If you have not seen any communication from the CA and only noticed it recently, yes you can DV them and they must respond. If you noticed it on a CR from Jan and you are just now looking to do something with it, you can send a DV but honestly the CA is under no obligation to reply since you did not do it in a timely manner. Of course, you are the only one who knows when YOU accessed your CR (soft pulls aren't visible to anybody but you)......
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, i have gotten something in the mail but on my CR it says it was purchsed from unkown creditor. can I dispute this with CRA or will that not do anything?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would DV and dispute...
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.