Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the best score watch out thier

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

what is the best score watch out thier

Okay question of the day. I am looking to monitor my credit score what is the best out their. I know that when you get a mortgage they go by your middle score but that can vary from CR to CR. So is there a credit score watch that I can view all three.  I am looking to clean up my credit by sending out gw letters and want to know if that will help my score. I have paid off all collections and charge off cc. I guess the next step is the gw letters. What do you guys out their suggest.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: what is the best score watch out thier

If you haven't been booted yet, I still say truecredit is the best place to daily monitor your score.

I will promptly change my tune of course if they boot me.

AMEX creditsecure is decently priced but pretty lame compared to TC, and I think most creditsecure customers know this. It lists info in a really convuluted way, doesn't show past 2 years of history, and doesn't tell you exact dates that creditors report.
Lame.
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Isn't true gredit a faco score rather than a fico?
Message 3 of 15
John060675
Valued Contributor

Yes, FACO.  The only place for a FICO score is........well, FICO.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would agree the TC is the best way to monitor you REPORTS. MyFico or Equifax Scorewatch are the best way to keep track of SCORES.

Message Edited by Timothy on 10-05-2007 08:29 AM
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

But mortgage companies do not go by a faco score the go by fico, Right?
Message 6 of 15
MM1234
Regular Contributor

Since FICOs are the ones that matter you can do ScoreWatch for $8.95 per month. I use this and like it. A few times its missed sending "alerts" but thats rare. This gives you notice of your EQ Score only. Then you may want to buy all 3 scores quarterly to see how your doing.

I was using TrueCredit for the last 6-7 months and it was nice if you wanted to check all 3 of your Reports for Balances and FAKO scores daily if you wanted to. But I canceled it cause they varied a lot from my FICOs.

So - If you need to monitor your scores daily (which is not really needed since they only change ones a month in most cases) you can use TC. If not use SW and get your real FICOs every 3 months.

Stay away from certain ones. Im sure others can offer names. I heard that service from "FreeCreditReport.com" was a bad one. I used Experians Service once and it said my score was High 900s........900? So they use that Vantage which is worthless.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

That might explain why when I pulled my credit reports from ex and equ that exp was 699 and the equ was 600. I was wandering why their was such a huge difference between the two. I pulled tu back in march and it was 674. This is also a reason why I want to know. The range between all three is huge.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use CreditKeeper (affilaited with Experian) and yes, they are FAKO scores.  However if the FAKOS are rising substantially, then the FICOs should be going up also.  There was about a 20 point difference between FAKO and FICO on my  Equifax report.- FICO was lower.  However, I don't need my FICO scores daily or even monthly - I do want to see all three reports monthly for at least the next year (I'm in build mode)... and I will probably keep monitoring just because it's a good idea (id theft prevention, etc)

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 10-05-2007 11:43 AM
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess tc is not that bad then becuase I am trying to clear up my credit with gw and so on. I know that alot of companies do not respond back to you so the only way I will be able to tell is if I see it on all three reports.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.