Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what's the best strategy?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

what's the best strategy?

Ok. So i decided not to file BK and instead to work on settling my debts with each creditor. My question is should I start with the newest debt first or start with the items with the lowest dollar amount first to get them out of the way, regardless of how old they are?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: what's the best strategy?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I saw that thread. It was talking about credit card payoffs moreso than collection pay offs. I really don't have any CCs to pay off. Any other suggestions?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now that I am really analyzing my report, I notice that there are items from 2000 and prior that are still on my report. Aftter reading the thread on reaging it seems like those items shouldn't still be there.  I am wondering if the clock starts over again on those items every time they were resold to another CA. Also, what's up with all the duplicates? Are those hurting me? If so, why is a CA allowed to put the same debt on my CR more than once?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump...

any ideas on this guys?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

on_my_way wrote:
Now that I am really analyzing my report, I notice that there are items from 2000 and prior that are still on my report. Aftter reading the thread on reaging it seems like those items shouldn't still be there.  I am wondering if the clock starts over again on those items every time they were resold to another CA. Also, what's up with all the duplicates? Are those hurting me? If so, why is a CA allowed to put the same debt on my CR more than once?

The CRTP on collections, chargeoffs, late payments and the like is 7 years, give or take 180 days. Anything that old either cannot be reported or will soon drop. Do you know the DOFD?

SOL can be reset. CRTP cannot. See the link in my sig.

The OC and the latest CA can list the debt. Any interrim CAs cannot remain. Presuming it's not too old to report.

Message Edited by Noah_Bodie on 08-27-2007 12:06 AM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.